Thread: ESA end date

ESA end date

Hi

I had a letter in January informing me of a change in allowance rates. I have been in the support group since 2015. At the end of this letter it states that the amounts apply from 11/4 until 27/11/17. Does this mean I won't be receiving any more payments. I have not received any re-assessment forms or anything. I am due a payment on Monday and again Xmas day, which I assume would be paid on the 23rd. I am worried sick. Xmas is 2 weeks away and if I have to claim JSA in the mean time it takes about 2 weeks to get an appointment. I'm a single mum and have no idea how I will manage without any money.

you need to phone the DWP and find out , not knowing is worse

Could this be something to do with the Christmas £10 bonus? (They do it in a weird way like this)

If you haven't had an ESA50 to hand in and had re-assessment then they cannot and wont stop your money. Unless there was benefit fraud, but in that cause you would have been called to an investigation meeting before hand (They wouldn't just stop your money on the suspicion of something).

Don't worry as with all fact's considered, I think you will receive your next payment as normal.

Kimir you will probably find that the date 27/11/2017 is the date you may receive the Xmas bonus. The DWP do this every year, unnecessarily worry claiments. The end date means your benefit will increase by £10 but the following week go back to normal. I have read somewhere that the DWP were sending out letters making this more explanatory as a lot of people were understandably worried. Hope this is the same in your case.

Hi. No it won't mean your payments will stop. It's just a daft computer generated letter stating that those rates apply until Nov.27th. I get them too. May be because of the Xmas bonus as someone said. You'll probably get another letter stating your rate from 28/11/17!

You get an ESA50 when you're going to be re-assessed.
    Last edited by crazychris; 12-08-2017 at 10:26 PM.