Thread: Unemployability Supplement or incapacity benefit?

Unemployability Supplement or incapacity benefit?

basic outline of my medical health, had a minor operation but caused Arachnoiditis, knees and depression and skin problems to stress, i was a fit soldier never failed a fitness test in my life, i was playing rugby at high level and never suffered with any problems now i have left leg nerve from damaged, right knee cartilage, back problems and suffer from depression and skin disorders due to stress and virtual recluse.

atm Iím on incapacity benefit but recently as last Thursday sent in Limited Capability for Work Questionnaire (ESA50) and today Tuesday i got a letter stating to attend a medical assessment, it so obvious that my detailed ESA50 was not read as they only had a few hours to read before posing back to me , imo they already intended the medical assessment and my ESA50 was never read, i have been told that about 80% fails the assessment which has got me so upset and mentally stressing me out at this treatment to genuine cases.

i was talking to a war pensioner about this and he was surprised i was not on Unemployability Supplement because Iím getting over 60% and then i be treated more fairly.

is it right and if so how do i go about getting Unemployability Supplement instead of Incapacity benefit?

Please any help would really be appreciated.

mark

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by ziceman View Post
    basic outline of my medical health, had a minor operation but caused Arachnoiditis, knees and depression and skin problems to stress, i was a fit soldier never failed a fitness test in my life, i was playing rugby at high level and never suffered with any problems now i have left leg nerve from damaged, right knee cartilage, back problems and suffer from depression and skin disorders due to stress and virtual recluse.

atm I’m on incapacity benefit but recently as last Thursday sent in Limited Capability for Work Questionnaire (ESA50) and today Tuesday i got a letter stating to attend a medical assessment, it so obvious that my detailed ESA50 was not read as they only had a few hours to read before posing back to me , imo they already intended the medical assessment and my ESA50 was never read, i have been told that about 80% fails the assessment which has got me so upset and mentally stressing me out at this treatment to genuine cases.

i was talking to a war pensioner about this and he was surprised i was not on Unemployability Supplement because I’m getting over 60% and then i be treated more fairly.

is it right and if so how do i go about getting Unemployability Supplement instead of Incapacity benefit?

Please any help would really be appreciated.

mark
    I am on 60% plus unsup..... contact the legion and get expert advise 60% is the threshold you will need to apply they will look at your claim also speak to war pension and get welfare dept contact details they can advise

read this too

http://www.veterans-uk.info/pdfs/spv...Factsheet6.pdf

omg how did they manage to get you a appointment through that quick they have said my form is still with doctors 3 weeks they have had my form and still no decision
    Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by jshaun1968 View Post
    omg how did they manage to get you a appointment through that quick they have said my form is still with doctors 3 weeks they have had my form and still no decision
    i don't understand it at all and wonder how they possible read it all because like i said Thursday i sent it so this means Friday it arrived and went straight out again sending a letter to attend a medical assessment as it arrived Tuesday, it asked me to phone to arrange a suitable appointment or if they i don't arrange a time they will send me appointment of there choosing, this has affected me mentally because i seen and read reports that we get unfair treatment and waste of time going because they already have there mind made up.

im a grown man and broken, i wake up everyday wonder why i carry on, i heard about Unemployability Supplement and it gave me hope again that i could get away from this IB political bullcrap.

davewhit thx for you link.

regards mark

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by jshaun1968 View Post
    each office has so many people to shift depending how they are managing the work load will make a differance to when people get forms medical and awards ......... of course the number that appeal by each office will have an affect on work load too