Thread: If I lose my appeal can I still claim ESA

If I lose my appeal can I still claim ESA

I am currenty on ESA waiting for my appeal 25/6/2012 if I lose my appeal can I still claim ESA and how long before I can re-apply for incapacity benefit. There are so many changes to the system I don't know if I have got this right

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by starbren View Post
    I am currenty on ESA waiting for my appeal 25/6/2012 if I lose my appeal can I still claim ESA and how long before I can re-apply for incapacity benefit. There are so many changes to the system I don't know if I have got this right
    i think you can reclaim esa stright away if a certain period of time has passed.....you would of course need a new sick note

Are you 'still on ESA' because you have been placed in the WRAG - Work Related Activity Group - and are appealing to go into the Support Group? If so losing your appeal would still leave you in the WRAG, so no change.

You won't be able to go back on IB if you have been moved to ESA.
    As has been said, it depends on what group you were put in and also if you are on CB ESA or IB ESA.