Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Motability Scheme Changes In Full

New Motability Scheme Changes In Full

Summary of changes
    •The maximum on-the-road price has increased to £29,000 for manual cars and £30,500 for automatic models.
    •In addition, if a car within a model range offers additional benefits for our customers over and above the ‘qualifying’ model, we may allow these to be offered on the Scheme at our discretion. These benefits will likely include sat nav (for helping to plan a journey), autonomous technology (self-parking is an example) and leather seats (to help access and egress). The maximum on-the-road price for these discretionary derivatives has increased to £33,500 for manual cars and £35,000 for automatic models.
    •The advance payment ceiling has increased to £3,000 for manual and £3,750 for auto models.
    •If a car is eligible to join the Scheme on 1 January 2018, but is impacted by an on-the-road price rise during 2018 which takes it over the on-the-road price ceiling, it will remain eligible for the Scheme for the full year.

These changes will provide wider model choice for customers and increase the number of suitable options for their needs.

Brake Horsepower and Insurance Groups

We are also introducing the following ceilings on Brake Horsepower (BHP) and Insurance Group for Scheme vehicles:
    •A maximum of 200BHP, or 225BHP for electric vehicles.
    •Maximum Insurance Groups for cars, MPVs and 4x4s set out below.

Brake Horsepower and Insurance

Vehicle type

Petrol Diesel

Car 29 31
    MPV 31 38
    4X4 31 38

All the changes outlined about will be included in the Quarter 1 2018 Price Guide and valid for applications from 1 January 2018.

The changes are shown here in full and may allay some fears and dash some hopes, particularly those seeking higher performance vehicles in view of the insurance rating restrictions. A brief look does suggest the insurance ratings will have little impact on current cars but may prevent some "desirable" cars joining. At least if a car is available in Q1 it should remain available throughout 2018, notwithstanding an increase in RRP.

https://cars.motabilitydealer.co.uk/...ing-parameters
    Last edited by fwipperie; 12-28-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    Summary of changes
    •The maximum on-the-road price has increased to £29,000 for manual cars and £30,500 for automatic models.
    •In addition, if a car within a model range offers additional benefits for our customers over and above the ‘qualifying’ model, we may allow these to be offered on the Scheme at our discretion. These benefits will likely include sat nav (for helping to plan a journey), autonomous technology (self-parking is an example) and leather seats (to help access and egress). The maximum on-the-road price for these discretionary derivatives has increased to £33,500 for manual cars and £35,000 for automatic models.
    •The advance payment ceiling has increased to £3,000 for manual and £3,750 for auto models.
    •If a car is eligible to join the Scheme on 1 January 2018, but is impacted by an on-the-road price rise during 2018 which takes it over the on-the-road price ceiling, it will remain eligible for the Scheme for the full year.

These changes will provide wider model choice for customers and increase the number of suitable options for their needs.

Brake Horsepower and Insurance Groups

We are also introducing the following ceilings on Brake Horsepower (BHP) and Insurance Group for Scheme vehicles:
    •A maximum of 200BHP, or 225BHP for electric vehicles.
    •Maximum Insurance Groups for cars, MPVs and 4x4s set out below.

Brake Horsepower and Insurance

Vehicle type

Petrol Diesel

Car 29 31
    MPV 31 38
    4X4 31 38

All the changes outlined about will be included in the Quarter 1 2018 Price Guide and valid for applications from 1 January 2018.

The changes are shown here in full and may allay some fears and dash some hopes, particularly those seeking higher performance vehicles in view of the insurance rating restrictions. A brief look does suggest the insurance ratings will have little impact on current cars but may prevent some "desirable" cars joining. At least if a car is available in Q1 it should remain available throughout 2018, notwithstanding an increase in RRP.

https://cars.motabilitydealer.co.uk/...ing-parameters
    I wonder if Motability will look also at a maximum torque figure in the future too?

Spoke to Mercedes this morning. The prices had been released 15 mins before I called. The advisor could not send them to me as yet but has Said some new Mercedes are on the list. The CLA is now available in diesel and the A class is available in the AMG A45. Will see when the full list is available. He also said the advanced payment has increased on some.

Sure about the AMG45, its way over the 200bhp limit, hopefully we might see the C Class return.

Surely it’s about ‘access needs’ rather than the brand. I’d like a Grand Renault Scenic as it has a shallow door sill, electronic handbrake. But the boot height isn’t tall enough to take my wheelchair hoist.

I’ve looked at the BMW Series 2 - boot height not tall enough. Honda CRV - not ruled out yet. Ford C Class - hatch height excellent, automatic opening hatch - to explore. - possible contender. Honda CRV - hoist might fit in hatch etc

That’s how you should be choosing a car not because of the marque!

I'm not buying a car, but got to agree with LT. If someone says "thats a nice car". My first question, "but can you get a wheelchair in it?" My how times change eh??

I agree with reddivine. You want a car that suits your needs regardless of make or model and looks.

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I agree with reddivine. You want a car that suits your needs regardless of make or model and looks.
    Some prices out already, Peugeot, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Ford, Toyota and some Skoda. Suitability of vehicle is a prime consideration, for some, badge is important. Each to their own. I await with breath bated, offerings from SsangYong, particularly as Rexton W now receiving rave reviews.

Some prices out already, Peugeot, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Ford, Toyota and some Skoda. Suitability of vehicle is a prime consideration, for some, badge is important. Each to their own. I await with breath bated, offerings from SsangYong, particularly as Rexton W now receiving rave reviews.
    The much awaited new prices have not lived up to the hype of the new rules and the offerings are only a fraction wider than before with Audi losing the Q3 and A4 and the Rexton has gone too. Prices seem to have risen on the whole with BMW the exception and only two auto cars available with NIL AP, taking out the small car segment. Once I have fully digested the changes will post again.

I had a "shortlist of 18 possible cars. That has now reduced to just 6. Some of the cars on the original list are no longer available, some have too high an AP in my view and others do not come in a suitable engine/gearbox package. Top contenders are BMW x1, BMW 2 series Active Tourer, BMW 3 series, Honda CR-V (has to be diesel as petrol offering poor) , Skoda Kodiaq and Mitsubishi Eclipse cross. The Audi Q3 and A4 have gone, there is no Volvo XC40 this quarter and the V40 only comes with low powered engines. No sign too of the Mazda CX5. BMW's have the most attractive AP's but Honda well worth consideration. As cannot order until q2 will track prices.