Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Motability Scheme Changes In Full

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I had a "shortlist of 18 possible cars. That has now reduced to just 6. Some of the cars on the original list are no longer available, some have too high an AP in my view and others do not come in a suitable engine/gearbox package. Top contenders are BMW x1, BMW 2 series Active Tourer, BMW 3 series, Honda CR-V (has to be diesel as petrol offering poor) , Skoda Kodiaq and Mitsubishi Eclipse cross. The Audi Q3 and A4 have gone, there is no Volvo XC40 this quarter and the V40 only comes with low powered engines. No sign too of the Mazda CX5. BMW's have the most attractive AP's but Honda well worth consideration. As cannot order until q2 will track prices.
    Ssanyong Rexton gone as you mentioned Turismo up to £3250 for the model i'm looking at. (from 2749)

Quote Originally Posted by volts View Post
    Ssanyong Rexton gone as you mentioned Turismo up to £3250 for the model i'm looking at. (from 2749)
    Following further research I have added VW Passat. A fine car, a high AP but a high specification car. I did look at MINI Countryman but it only has Manual Air Con, dual climate is expensive option.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I had a "shortlist of 18 possible cars. That has now reduced to just 6. Some of the cars on the original list are no longer available, some have too high an AP in my view and others do not come in a suitable engine/gearbox package. Top contenders are BMW x1, BMW 2 series Active Tourer, BMW 3 series, Honda CR-V (has to be diesel as petrol offering poor) , Skoda Kodiaq and Mitsubishi Eclipse cross. The Audi Q3 and A4 have gone, there is no Volvo XC40 this quarter and the V40 only comes with low powered engines. No sign too of the Mazda CX5. BMW's have the most attractive AP's but Honda well worth consideration. As cannot order until q2 will track prices.
    Get a bmw 3 series but with the pro nav upgrade and electric seats a lot easier to adjust

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Get a bmw 3 series but with the pro nav upgrade and electric seats a lot easier to adjust
    Seats way too low for me.
    Many SEAT cars and others have gone as they cannot meet Motability's 12 week build schedule. I guess Motability want to unload older cars asap and won't tolerate, in some cases, a 26 week plus build. This may explain loss of Mazda CX5 also.