Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UC50 form

UC50 form

So it's finally arrived, dreading having to fill this in, TBH the one I received last year took me about 10 mins to fill in and I sent no evidence with it at all and was put in LCWRA group for 12 months, paper based, been a nightmare for me since and had all sorts of meds and tests/therapy. Would a DRs letter and a letter from my psychotherapist help? I've also got hospital appts coming up for various physical things I've been going through, should I just bombard them with all my emotional and physical problems? Absolutely dreading an assessment and all the MR and tribunal stuff that I'll probably have to go through. Also with mental health issues does it go against you if you fill in the form yourself?
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

No it doesn't go against you I filled the form in myself for MH problems and also got support group without f2f first time I applied,just put as much detail into the form as you can,tell them about all your problems and yes your letters should help and I got put back in support group on reassessment.
    Last edited by Toby123; 01-03-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Thx Toby123. When you were reassessed did you have a f2f?

Yes but it was my own fault I was that anxious filling in the form I left out the most important thing about my illness and needed a f2f got 0 points but the decision maker overruled the assessor and put me back in support group without me having to do an MR or tribunal,that's why I told you to put as much detail in the form as you can.I am due to be reassessed again in May and I won't be making that mistake again.

I'll try and get a letter from my GP and Psychologist and send that with the form. I'm dreading having a f2f, will def ask for it to be recorded.

You might not need a f2f I only got one because I messed up my ESA50 I should get another paperbased on next assessment,do you know if you qualified under a descriptor first time or reg35.

I'm not sure but if reg35 is for mental health and safety then it may have had something to do with that cause I remember putting on form that I get very angry with others all of a sudden . They did send a form to my GP to fill in and I also got my MP to contact then cause JCP wanted to send my on a 12 week group therapy course and I said no. I've got to send form back before Jan 26 so I'll prob just wait till I get Drs letter and psychologist letter ( if they give me one ) and send everything next day delivery on 23rd. Really dreading having a f2f and then going to tribunal.

Be careful there.

Regulation 35 is an ESA regulation and not a Universal Credit regulation.

I'm not sure offhand just what the UC equivalent is.
    I'm intelligent enough to know that I don't know everything.
    But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I was thinking Pau was on esa before this assessment but as they are clamping down on the amount of people qualifying under the regulations I think it would be easier to get a paperbased if Pau meets an LCWRA group descriptor.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby123 View Post
    I was thinking Pau was on esa before this assessment but as they are clamping down on the amount of people qualifying under the regulations I think it would be easier to get a paperbased if Pau meets an LCWRA group descriptor.
    yes im allso waiting for my first UC50 after being on icapasity/esa for a few years.
    im not sure how similar the 2 forms are ? .
    everything so far on UC has been pretty straight forward.
    for instance im moving again next week and all i have to do is login to my UC account and change my address , then produce my "proof of rent" at any JC..
    the council will only be responsable for council tax rebate.