Thread: When your 365 days are up for ESA can you re apply?

When your 365 days are up for ESA can you re apply?

Hi guys just wondered if you are able to re aply once your 365 days are up for ESA?

Hello SH,
    Sorry to hear that you have not had a good outcome with the CAB.
    Regarding your question, the same rules will still apply after 365 days, I'm assuming you were getting Income based ESA and not contribution based, but either way your partners income will still be the over riding factor in claiming anything.
    Don't feel that you are being penalised, it's just this governments stupid attitude.
    I hope you will be able to find a way through your difficulties, all the best to you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    to get IR ESA again you would have to go back to work and do enough work to become able to get the award you can still try for IR ESA or if you become sicker apply for ESA CB support group award
    DW,
    My understanding is that CB ESA is if you have paid enough NI contributions and IR ESA for those who haven't. Does the 365 day rule only apply to wrag?
    Also I thought both CB and IR are still dependant on household income.

DW,
    You are quite right.
    I didn't make myself clear on CB ESA in the sense that it is classed as household income if your partner is claiming certain benefits also. This could affect their benefits not the CB claimant as such.