Thread: Freedom Pass for Non-Londoner

Freedom Pass for Non-Londoner

Maybe I'm being too picky here, but this is taken from the Freedom Pass website;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 19.56.20.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	282

To me that says that if you have "an eligible disability" from the list, then it doesn't matter where you live. I live close enough to London that it would make a noticeable difference if I had a pass, and I do have a disability from the list, but when you look at applying, it talks about going via your borough, therefore eliminating non-Londoners.

Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Thanks

Matthew

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Higgins View Post
    Maybe I'm being too picky here, but this is taken from the Freedom Pass website;
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-06-04 at 19.56.20.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	282

To me that says that if you have "an eligible disability" from the list, then it doesn't matter where you live. I live close enough to London that it would make a noticeable difference if I had a pass, and I do have a disability from the list, but when you look at applying, it talks about going via your borough, therefore eliminating non-Londoners.

Has anyone else had any experience of this?

Thanks

Matthew
    I live outside London and have one under Bories War Pension scheme five year oyster card
    what they mean by the post is younger people born after 1951 but disabled and living in London can get a pass

why would you think any town would give everyone a free pass ? if you fit the bill for that card.... can you not get local one and use on London bus ?
    Last edited by davewhit; 06-16-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Good point, you can use your free bus pass down there. Also, for those who have disabled railcards, ask at the relevant mainline tube stations to get your railcard added to an oystercard because then you can get discount on this, and from what I gather tube travel as well from what I've read somewhere.