Thread: Motability - Royal Sun Alliance - Poor Claims handling

Motability - Royal Sun Alliance - Poor Claims handling

Does anyone have experience of dealing with RSA following a none fault claim were no injury has been sustained. So all they need to do is arrange repairs to the vehicle?

I've had a on going claim, my car was damaged whilst parked - First off they stung me with a higher excess because i am under 25 and i "reported" the claim.

Also, they are refusing to chase a recovery from the third party, even though i have strong evidence (CCTV and security staff from the place the accident took place)

I've contacted motability directly and qouted their cover booklet back to them with regards to them enforcing the terms outlayed in RSA policy on my behalf..

I've already escalated this to a complaint, the result was "the chief underwriter as said the 200 excess applies"
    This has been escalted again directly with motability and i'm awaiting their reply -

further plans are to take both RSA and motability to the Financial ombudsman for mis-handling the claim, false terms and conditions, not enforcing / following their own terms and conditions.

Would it be worth shaming them in the press to tar the "good" name of the "charity" they hide behind showing how much they screw customers about.

Press ahead with the Financial Ombudsman, if that doesn't come to anything I would then try the press tactic.

You could also try contacting the motoring magazines for help.

mail@autoexpress.co.uk
    wchelpdesk@whatcar.com
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 21,500 miles; avg 34.3mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

You should be dealing with RSA not Motability.

I still have an 'open claim' that;s two years old. I wasn't responsible but it involved two other motorists and one insurer refuses to settle.
    I had to pay 75 to release my car from the garage. Shit happens. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    You should be dealing with RSA not Motability.

I still have an 'open claim' that;s two years old. I wasn't responsible but it involved two other motorists and one insurer refuses to settle.
    I had to pay 75 to release my car from the garage. Shit happens. Get over it.

Well is that not your fault for not pushing it and complaining about mis-handling of the claim

and 75 is alot cheaper than 200...