Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA Tribunal/appeal question

ESA Tribunal/appeal question

Hi there

I'm new to this site. I joined because I searched on Google for what I need to know but found nothing, so here goes.

I am due for my ESA tribunal/appeal thing soon (I'm just waiting on somebody from my local benefits advice service to get in touch and then we can get the ball rolling) but I was just wondering if it was possible to move the appeal to a different county?

My home life is pretty much unbearable at the moment. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety, agoraphobia and I live with an alcoholic. My family cannot help me but somebody I know very well in a different county has offered his help.

Any advice would be welcome.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeiraBoo View Post
    Hi there

I'm new to this site. I joined because I searched on Google for what I need to know but found nothing, so here goes.

I am due for my ESA tribunal/appeal thing soon (I'm just waiting on somebody from my local benefits advice service to get in touch and then we can get the ball rolling) but I was just wondering if it was possible to move the appeal to a different county?

My home life is pretty much unbearable at the moment. I have Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety, agoraphobia and I live with an alcoholic. My family cannot help me but somebody I know very well in a different county has offered his help.

Any advice would be welcome.
    you need to ask call them it might be possible being soon could put it back sorting out the move

I'm sorry, what? I didn't quite understand your reply.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeiraBoo View Post
    I'm sorry, what? I didn't quite understand your reply.
    because speech software rubbish

call dwp.....tell them you want to move appeal..........as appeal due moving it might put the date back months

Hi MB,
    When you say Tribunal/appeal do you mean you put in an appeal and it is going to a tribunal?
    Are you planning for this move to be permanent and therefore will be claiming from a different address or is this just temporary to get you out of the situation you are in at this moment?
    If it is the last then it should not cause any problem other than if you can't get post at your present address if you move out. You will have to give your new temporary contact details to the DWP.
    If it is the first and permanent you will have to notify DWP and your appeal may be transferred to a different Tribunal, which as DW says, will possibly delay the case.

Thanks for your replies.

I think it is an appeal, but my paperwork says Tribunal but everybody who talks about it to me refers to it as an appeal, so I guess it is an appeal.
    I am planning on this move to be permanent, as my situation is pretty unbearable. Is it worth me trying to stick around for my appeal hearing? They did tell me that I would be due my appeal hearing in August at the earliest, but I don't know if I can cope for that long. What would happen if there is a delay in the case? Will that reflect badly on me?

Thank you again for your speedy replies.

If you put in an appeal it is seen by a DM, they will decide whether it goes to a tribunal or not. If you have been "told" that you are having a hearing then it is a tribunal.
    It wouldn't reflect badly on you with DWP if you move but it will possibly extend the process.

I'm sorry for being thick, but what is a DM, please?

DM - Decision Maker.

Just check that ESA is payable abroad for a long term as some benefits are not exportable and if they are it is only to certain countries..

I'm not wanting to move countries, I am wanting to move to a different county.

Thank you all for your advice.