Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disability Test !A Complete Mess"

Hi Jan have not read the link yet... am still a bit confused.... With regards to the loss of benefit after one year I am wondering if it is a cop out from EU by not having to pay people who have worked in the country sick pay when they go home....the thought crossed my mind after the reply I read again from Maria Miller ( think thats the name) saying it was never meant to be a long term benefit, but we know is utter ballswotsit... I a was awarded my money until 2023 as long as I continued to fit the criteria ... which I DO.....

lol of course its rubbish about it not being a long term benefit. i was on it from age of 16/17 when i left school i gave one letter from my doctor at booth hall hospital as it was then known and they said yep straightaway no medical etc, my dla in 2009 was made indefinite but with a review date of 2013 which totally confused me as one minute it says indefinite then on same letter it says next review date is 2013. surely if your born a certain way and you cant get better then whats the point in all these nonsense medicals (especially someone at a pc who ticks boxes and bends u so many ways lol. but at end of day what can us people do ? if u protest your fit enough to work apparently, and when u do protest you get kettled in like some criminal when all your doing is fighting for your right to be who you are and not what some atos doctor says your are,

Totally agree with you Chris...that is why we are being bullied, because they KNOW we can't do sweet fanny adam about it...I worked from the time I left school until I developed epilepsy when I was 34 and finally gave up work in 1993... I spoke to my consultant and asked him if I would ever be able to work again he told me it was very unlikely...I continued medicals until I was finally awarded my money until I retire 9 years ago.. now they are going to assess us all again...under different rules and I will be expected to work despite more health problems or my husband has to keep me...I lose all my independence now....It is all wrong....

i sympathise with you and everyone else unfortunate to go through illness. i read online today that the next area to be tested is the 5 and a half thousand people on incapacity etc in preston. beggars belief lol you get all these mps fiddling there expenses like david cameron etc then you get all the "im not racist but immigrants claiming benefits, i mean i read in the sun last week that a woman has 16 kids she gets a fortune in benefit, yet they decide to pick on us. when did Great Britain stop being so great or the United Kingdom stop being so united, we give all this money away to 3rd world countries etc, i mean even sex offenders have rights murderers have rights but in reality what rights do disabled have ? from where im sitting none. you know what time i got up today 6pm thats not me being lazy thats me because i wake up every 5 mins and cant sleep and when i do sleep i stop breathing hence im tired the next day, (sleep appnea)

Hi Chris yes I agree with you 100% everyone has rights apart from us...trouble is they know they can bully us because we can't fight back and if we do we are told we must be fit for work...even writing on here I wonder if they look and think can't be much wrong with him or her if she can write that ... or even dare to be on a PC...if they were to fit a camera and see I am lying on my sofa with my lap top on my lap and have to type, erase type erase, spell check bla bla bla takes me ages to type a reply...would an employer put up with that...
    Perhaps we should all get together and write a magazine and sell it..or write best sellers on our laptops mine would be ready in about 50 years lol lol lol

I have heard lots of recent stories like the one you mention lately also saw someone got 8 years for claiming about 500 people lived in one flat... but these people are proper organised gangs doing this.. and sorry to say this but it is suprising how much crime in this country does come from immigrants.. I am not saying immigrants are crooks... just that there seems to be a lot of criminals coming into this country committing crimes. Also where as poverty abroad is third world countries is terrible, do we have to give SO MUCH aid when are own people are suffering and we are " so broke". It is as though thus government does not care about the genuine sick in this country but feels it has to compete with other country's in giving foreign aid. It all make me so angry....

Chris where did you see that bit about, the first people to be transfered will be Preson do you have a link please ...
    Last edited by belvederebabe; 02-26-2011 at 08:23 AM.

hi there belvererbabe it was on www.lep.co.uk yesterday but for some reason i cant find it now looks like they took it down again if you can find it have a read but it definetly said preston was next.

Quote Originally Posted by chris1011981 View Post
    hi there belvererbabe it was on www.lep.co.uk yesterday but for some reason i cant find it now looks like they took it down again if you can find it have a read but it definetly said preston was next.
    Chris,i have read this too. I think they mention preston simply because it is news about that area, on the link?, in other words it will be happening in the general roll out of transfers, but they are concerned on that site, being a local one, about their own residents interests and would not talk about other areas, for that reason.

Regards, Jan

I read today another area in Plymouth I think will all be receiving Warning letters over the next few days..... oh god more brown envelope syndrome......
    Last edited by belvederebabe; 02-26-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Sue, As it is going to happen everywhere, so every local news site will be talking about their residents and how it will affect them. I thought the transfers had been delayed , and did not start until April or later, or did i imagine it? Jan