Thread: how long to wait

how long to wait

I am being migrated from incapacity to ESA , i have received the questionaire filled it in and sent it back . Does anyone know how long the wait is once you have filled in the questionaire before you hear back with either a date to attend a medical or a letter saying which group they have placed you in ?

Also another question i was told that everyone has to attend a medical is this true ?

Quote Originally Posted by zara2000 View Post
    Also another question i was told that everyone has to attend a medical is this true ?
    No it's not true. It depends on the answers you have given on your form and if they have other info from your GP or other health professional. Many poeple get ESA awards without having to attend atos examinations (they are examinations not medicals).

Got told i was going to be placed in the support group back in November last year will be migrating to ESA in August this year 9 months or so later . However i will be 13 pounds a week better off which may have had something to do with it taking so long

Well i got my letter today , i only filled in my questionaire 2 weeks ago , i dont need go for a medical they have placed me into the work-related activity group . I am not going to appeal as i dont feel up to it but im so worried now about everything especially that i can only get this for 12 months then my money will stop . What if i try a job and find i cant do it and im still not well after 12 months what am i going to do ? Can i reapply for ESA ? would i have to start from scratch as though its a brand new claim ?
    When is my first interview likely to be ? will it be in the next week or so ?

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    when you say "got told" have you had this in a letter because if you was told on the telephone or by somebody it does not mean a lot people have posted before they have been told they are going in the support group but when the letter told it says different
    Dave I got told on the telephone by the DM and the letter stated exactly what i was told on the phone i will post the relevent section below .

You have been placed in the support group because your illness or disability restricts the possibility of working .

Quote Originally Posted by zara2000 View Post
    Well i got my letter today , i only filled in my questionaire 2 weeks ago , i dont need go for a medical they have placed me into the work-related activity group . I am not going to appeal as i dont feel up to it but im so worried now about everything especially that i can only get this for 12 months then my money will stop . What if i try a job and find i cant do it and im still not well after 12 months what am i going to do ? Can i reapply for ESA ? would i have to start from scratch as though its a brand new claim ?
    When is my first interview likely to be ? will it be in the next week or so ?
    You can apply for means tested ESA by filling in a ESA3 form. How much you get will depend on any other income you or partner get.