Thread: ESA cancelled after medical by ATOS and receiving DLA granted by ATOS last year.

ESA cancelled after medical by ATOS and receiving DLA granted by ATOS last year.

I just received a letter from ESA and had my payments stopped cause I was given 0 points by ATOS on a medical last month.
    After having my questionaire completed and having my medical which was cancelled the first time after waiting 2 hours at the centre for lack of medical staff, I finally met my assessor who identified as a nurse representing the Dr.
    The assesor told me that had no access to my questionnaire and didnt have knowledge of my conditions.
    Last year after DLA asked me for a medical with ATOS the results were on medium rate for care and low rate for mobility.
    My conditions are permanent and no changes apart from having extra medical ones added to previous.
    Can my ESA be reinstated based I am on DLA? What shall I do? This is really frustrating as I am in no condition of working or even start looking for work.
    My payments on ESA have stopped and I am scared they will stop my DLA cause this negligence on my medical report which says the complete the opposite answers given on my interview and questionnaire.
    What shall I do?

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by alexnarco View Post
    I just received a letter from ESA and had my payments stopped cause I was given 0 points by ATOS on a medical last month.
    After having my questionaire completed and having my medical which was cancelled the first time after waiting 2 hours at the centre for lack of medical staff, I finally met my assessor who identified as a nurse representing the Dr.
    The assesor told me that had no access to my questionnaire and didnt have knowledge of my conditions.
    Last year after DLA asked me for a medical with ATOS the results were on medium rate for care and low rate for mobility.
    My conditions are permanent and no changes apart from having extra medical ones added to previous.
    Can my ESA be reinstated based I am on DLA? What shall I do? This is really frustrating as I am in no condition of working or even start looking for work.
    My payments on ESA have stopped and I am scared they will stop my DLA cause this negligence on my medical report which says the complete the opposite answers given on my interview and questionnaire.
    What shall I do?
    esa and dla are very different and getting dla does not mean you will get ESA people get higher mobility and middle care and work full time

there is little over lap between esa and dla so dla should not stop because esa have stopped unless say something in the esa medical brings up a question about your dla

You need to appeal by filling in the appeal form which you can print off here;

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

Once the appeal is received, your ESA is paid again at the basic rate of 71 single adult or 111.45 couple rate. You will need to keep sending in sick notes in order to get paid.

Use this link to find a local advice centre to help with the appeal;

http://legaladviserfinder.justice.go...viserSearch.do

If you scored zero points then I would say go and enjoy your life. I would absolutely love to be in your situation! You can go and find a job and live a normal life.. The other person is absolutely correct in stating just because you get Dla it doesn't entitle you to ESA. Think of it as a stepping stone it's what you can do that counts.. I really wish you well in success for getting your job. Lucky thing.

reply to crippled chick

To crippled chick are you having a laugh!!! Atos are out to get most people. lucky you if you if you went to your medical and passed! I know you must be ill that's why passed! but some people are so ill and un fit for work but atos still give them 0 points as they have to kick so many people off the sick. my mum has had a brain tumour has got a anurisum,cervical problems, back/neck problems and a severe balance disorder along with many other problems and is on 22 tablets a day. I am a single mum who works full time and has to help my mum get dresses before I go to work, and get her undressed at night before I get my daughter to bed. my mum never goes out with out me due to risk of falls and I cook her meals.I watch my poor mum suffer every day. I can not have a holiday as all my holidays are used up on my mums hospital appointments.Now she has been told she has 0 points. so PLEASE don't brag saying people are lucky and can enjoy life when they have 0 points cause you don't know what people are going threw. ps she has not written any thing her self as due to her problems she is unable to type and use a computer, you are very lucky to be able to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by crippled chick View Post
    If you scored zero points then I would say go and enjoy your life. I would absolutely love to be in your situation! You can go and find a job and live a normal life.. The other person is absolutely correct in stating just because you get Dla it doesn't entitle you to ESA. Think of it as a stepping stone it's what you can do that counts.. I really wish you well in success for getting your job. Lucky thing.
    Looks like Crippled chick didn't watch the House of commons debate recently, it has now been established by some honest MP's that the Atos assessment system is well and truly flawed and was quoted by one MP as being a ''disability denial factory'' and is '' Not fit for purpose?

The person who started the post had said still not well enough to find work? maybe if Atos and the DM had done their assessments properly or had Not used a flawed computer system in the first place, we wouldn't be seeing so many people coming on this forum asking for help.
    Last edited by Thomos; 01-21-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon3636 View Post
    To crippled chick are you having a laugh!!!
    I would echo this. My partner also scored zero points and has an extremely poor quality of life and will be having an operation next month to make it much worse.

When she read her assessment notes, she broke into tears and said that she wishes she was the person that ATOS says that she is.

Please don't believe that to OP is well just because of ATOS' flawed assessment system.

Best wishes,
    Dee
    http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com