Thread: Can i change my motability car easily?

Can i change my motability car easily?

Have a friend who has a small family automatic car through the motability scheme. He has had an operation to his knee and now finds it difficult to get into and out of the car easily etc. Doctors were saying that it will take around 6 months of treatment etc. Ideally he needs a car with high seating.

I have told him to ring the motability people and they will allow him to return the car and he can order another one. I believe that they will ask him to pay a 'fee' to changing the car. How much is the fee?

Am i correct in saying this?

Assume he orders a car and finds there is a waiting list would motability provide him a loan car till his car is delivered?

Mo says:
    If your needs have changed which means that you need to cancel the agreement or change to a new product before the contract end date, please call our Customer Services team.

Motability reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to 250 for cancellations. Please plan carefully for your long term mobility needs before ending your current lease agreement.

NB Your friend won't be able to claim the 'good condition' bonus of 250 if the car is returned early.

Ive just had permmission to change my Peugeot Crossover a car i love for a WAV due to circumstances. The 250 Cancellation fee was waved but i lose my Good Condition Bonus which is not really an issue.. I cannot change to anything else has permission is for a WAV only.

Thanks for the replies. I will pass on the info.

My mom had the motability car because she was my carer, but when i turned 16 (you can learn to drive and pass your driving test with a disability at 16) i passed my test and needed a car, i have only got an automatic licence so finding a car suitable for me while we waited for the 3 years to be up on the motability car was difficult and when i did find a car i couldn't insure it, so my mom spoke to motability and they ended the lease early and let me take over the motability and get a new car, we were allowed to do this at no extra cost. But did lose the bonus.
    Last edited by G-putee; 08-28-2012 at 03:48 PM.

pleased for you