Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Esa medical

Esa medical

Hi just too let you all know i had a medical wednesday for ESA and im here 3 days later still not really believing what happened the doctor carrying out my medical spoke and acted like some kind off robot she just sat there asking me questions and typing away she really did ask me some off the most stupid questions like have i been on holiday in the last 2 years, what do i have for breakfast, when do i have my first drink off the day, if i was to cross a busy road where would i look too cross, if i didnt understand a question she would just repeat it about 3 times making me more confused as to what she asked.
    I feel like just coming off IB and living off nothing as i feel the doctor treated me like a child and it really has had an affect on my state off health, has anyone else on here been affected by the way these so called doctors behave?

Hi Tony

You are not alone, this is normal behaviour from ATOS. First off I should warn you, you should assume you have not passed the WCA (medical). Thousands of people are having this happen, it is so wrong.
    You should pop over to http://www.dwpexamination.org when you find time. Its a fab site, with more members than this one.. (sorry i do like this site, but the other is a lot busier) You need advice on whether you wish to appeal if indeed you have failed the WCA, the guys over there can talk you through it, as and when. Their server is playing up a bit today so be patient lol .. maybe see u over there.. hang in there x

I had the same experience with my ATOS assessment.Maybe we had the same robot! Not long after it i recieved a letter from the DWP basically saying i had been awarded 0 points and i should go and claim unemployment benefit.I wasn't shocked at the outcome...just angry.I am now appealing and after 6 months of pure stress and depression the big day is today..tribunal day this afternoon.And to make things worse i have to attend a magistrates court where they are going to hold the tribunal hearing which i am finding very intimidating before i have even set off to attend.
    Over the past few months i have sought help from a solicitor..who i found useless and got rid of...and finally welfare rights...who have been great.That said i am still going in to the tribunal today with the attitude of not expecting any positive result.My GP has written a letter backing my appeal and welfare rights have submitted paperwork requesting i should be awarded 21 points from 0....but after my experience with the ATOS Robot i have lost all hope and faith in the whole system.

Good luck.
    I think that the judge has no axe to grind with you and the medical person with him is there to assist them with the medical stuff. Niether have any affiliation with ATOS or DWP who will not be there.
    Remember this is about your ability to do things not your illness as such.

Sorry to hear that. I had my first ATOS ESA Medical assessment back in June. Thank god the ATOS doctor I had seemed understanding and sympathetic. I was mainly asked about my disabilites and how It's effect my abilities. Not these stupid questions, I.E Do I watch TV? Have I got any pets? etc I was placed in WRAG.

Good Luck Tony.

well,had my tribunal on monday and recieved a letter today stating i am not entitled to ESA.Even with the backing of my GP and a letter from her to the tribunal,medical evidence of condition from neuro surgeon,pain management and rheumatology and still further surgery to come,and under the care of pain management and a psychologist to help me cope with depression the tribunal awarded me 0 points! My welfare rights worker also made a submission stating that due to my condition and according to the descriptors i should have been given 24 points at my ATOS assessment and not 0 .So 0 points at assessment and 0 at tribunal.What to do now?I can't work and apparently cannot claim benefits now because for 16 weeks i am not entitled to anything because i had the audacity to appeal and lost as they make me feel. It was through working i am in this condition with my health in the first place.Now is the next step to lose my dla ...then my home...then any sanity i have left after all this?

Sorry to hear this.
    There appears to be a strange contradiction from the welfare rights workers calculation to that of DWP and Tribunal. If you had scored some points, but to score non at all, and with medical back up from your GP etc.
    You can appeal again to a higher Tribunal, but..................

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    Sorry to hear this.
    There appears to be a strange contradiction from the welfare rights workers calculation to that of DWP and Tribunal. If you had scored some points, but to score non at all, and with medical back up from your GP etc.
    You can appeal again to a higher Tribunal, but..................
    He can only appeal to a higher tribunal on a point of law.
    The system sucks big time.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by tony19 View Post
    Hi just too let you all know i had a medical wednesday for ESA and im here 3 days later still not really believing what happened the doctor carrying out my medical spoke and acted like some kind off robot she just sat there asking me questions and typing away she really did ask me some off the most stupid questions like have i been on holiday in the last 2 years, what do i have for breakfast, when do i have my first drink off the day, if i was to cross a busy road where would i look too cross, if i didnt understand a question she would just repeat it about 3 times making me more confused as to what she asked.
    I feel like just coming off IB and living off nothing as i feel the doctor treated me like a child and it really has had an affect on my state off health, has anyone else on here been affected by the way these so called doctors behave?
    the questions might be stupid but it depends on why you get ESA

been on holiday had you said ... that could have lead to the question how did you get there did you fly and sit for hours ?

crossing a road .... can you cross the road or does your mental state or sight stop you crossing the road

first drink of the day thats an old one ............ my answer would be an hour after I get up due to what needs to be done health wise before I can drink

they where not trick questions just questions which would give the hcp some insight to your illness .......... a normal visit to a dr at hospital could have given you same questions

After getting over the shock of 0 points i got up this morning and for some reason decided to google the tribunal GP who made the decision at my hearing on Monday.A bit shocked to find out she was in front of a tribunal herself in 2007 on misconduct charges (GMC hearing) and has had restrictions placed upon her for the rest of her career.It states she let patients down and also took sick leave from one practice she was employed at whilst still attending work (as an advisor for under performing GPs!) at a primary care trust.Other proven charges included with holding patient records!
    Whilst all this may of or may not of affected my tribunal in any way i do feel that a GP should not be put into a position like that of a tribunal judge with such a back ground.Maybe the DWP prefer it though to a straight honest GP and it works fine for them and gives them a better advantage in getting the result they really want no matter what the health problems of the person they are trying to take the benefit from?