Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to say a big thank you to DLF for re-opening the forum.

Thumbs up Just wanted to say a big thank you to DLF for re-opening the forum.

Some older members may recall me from my past life on the old forum and others from my continued membership of the Ouch message boards.

Those that do will be aware of my special interest in this vital part of support for disabled people and I hope to be able to be a fully active member here as and when the dust settles on my own on-going battle against the system as per my "Everest" thread over on Ouch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/messageboa...thread=7736332

It's good to be back at long last.
    Last edited by Peter aka Sociable; 11-14-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: to correct a typo
    Peter aka "Sociable"

"Go placidly..be gentle with yourself..strive to be happy"

Welcome back Peter,it's good to see you on here,I have seen your posts on Ouch.

It is good the forum was reopened. I hope they will consider enabling the private message facility though

Hi Peter,
    I do remember you from the old site, but since the closure I have only browsed tge other sites.
    Just read your "everest" thread on ouch, I will be keeping upto date on that one.
    Hope your bungalow wetroom is altered as soon as possible.

Paul

It's a shame that it took almost a year to reopen the site. Many needy people were left without a lifeline last Christmas and will probably not return.

Hopefully the word will spread that it's re-open and that ... fingers crossed, some of the other forums can be re-opened eventually. I found the medicine / illness discussion-type threads really useful.

Hopefully many will return but the numbers will grow, the bush telegraph will bring the people in

I agree Susan. Until the whole forum is revealed there is no way of knowing how many 'old YA'ers' will come, and with the threats of fines and that DLF can and will close it down without prior noice will put a lot of people off.

Personally, I fee it needs a new name. It's not the Youreable we all knew and loved and may benefit from being called something else?

Perhaps opening up the Feedback now rather than later might be a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter aka Sociable View Post
    Some older members may recall me from my past life on the old forum and others from my continued membership of the Ouch message boards.

Those that do will be aware of my special interest in this vital part of support for disabled people and I hope to be able to be a fully active member here as and when the dust settles on my own on-going battle against the system as per my "Everest" thread over on Ouch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/messageboa...thread=7736332

It's good to be back at long last.
    Hi Peter

Another old face - if you pardon the expression! lol Yes, I do remember you from many cyber-moons ago. Not familiar with Ouch I'm afraid but good luck with your "on-going battle" against the system. Really nice to see you on YA again.

All the best

Mr B

The old yourable forum was well visited. Many people there. It had a private messaging facility which was very useful at times. The appearan ce of the site was different.. try internet wayback machine in google and you can find some archived pages,
    What will deter some poterntial returners is the feeling that it disappeared once most uncomfortably just before christmas. They may feel it will happen again. This is a big moment in the history of the welfare state and so lets hope youreable weathers the storms.
    A new name, maybe but it probably wouldnt make any difference to the 'once bitten twice shy' feeling, because its the same hoster. What is nice is that a number of knowledgable and enthusiastic old names HAVE returned and we should all be pleased about that