Thread: letter from dwp

letter from dwp

Hi a friend as received a letter saying someone will ring her within the next 2weeks then she will get a form to fill in her review date was 25th sept, mine was in feb but still not heard anything about my change over she's first i've heard of to get a letter at the exact review time, is it normal to say call then send a form why not just send the form or say some one will call, she is really worried and since i've not had a letter yet i'm not sure what to tell her can anyone whose can through this advise thanks

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    Hi a friend as received a letter saying someone will ring her within the next 2weeks then she will get a form to fill in her review date was 25th sept, mine was in feb but still not heard anything about my change over she's first i've heard of to get a letter at the exact review time, is it normal to say call then send a form why not just send the form or say some one will call, she is really worried and since i've not had a letter yet i'm not sure what to tell her can anyone whose can through this advise thanks
    I have heard of a few cases of people getting a letter saying they will ring .... some get the call others just get the esa50 in the post
    as for the order of who gets a esa50 they are not keeping to any order some people have moved and be reviewed before others have been moved when they expected to move ages ago.

they seem to be making it up as they go along

I can't see why The DWP are so vague about when they are going to phone?

Surely they should be able to give an exact date and time when they are going to phone?

It's no different to having a face to face interview!

With all the scam phonecalls I personally don't speak to anyone unless I know them or I phone them

Quote Originally Posted by gbhxu View Post
    ... With all the scam phonecalls I personally don't speak to anyone unless I know them or I phone them
    Have you signed up for the Telephone Preference Service (TPS)? I signed up a while ago and had forgotten about it. Reading your comment reminded me that unsolicited sales calls have reduced significantly.

It's just a courtesy call to check they've got correct address etc and answer any questions you might have about the ESA change over process. If they don't get you in, they won't leave a message due to DATA Protection they say. Think they try about 3 times then give up.

But nothing to worry about, if they don't manage to get hold of you, they just automatically send the form out anyway.

davewhit
    The letters and telephone calls are NOT DWPs idea they come from the first Harrington report where people asked for more contact durring the process of moving from IB to ESA, there has been reported on some forums that after atos medical and the DM has the esa50 contact by the DWP has helped as DM has telephoned asked questions which filled in gaps and got people ESA