Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WRAG do I appeal or not !

Question WRAG do I appeal or not !

I get ESA and have sort advice from CAB on appealing about being put in wrag, they have adviced me that I do not need to do anything as I have a appointment with the Jobcentre and this is where they will make the decision about Support group/wrag. I am totally confused as to what to do ! I have appealed but the CAB say I have nothing to appeal against. I would appreciate some advice as rather confused.

Hi,

Do you meet any of the Support Group Descriptors? http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/emp...up-descriptors

I am not expert on this, at least you are getting some advice from CAB.

I am in The Work Related Activity Group too, I decided not to appeal. I was worried that if I appeal I might lose my award and get nothing. I had my first meeting with the ESA adviser in August, wasn't as bad as I thought. Just mainly talked about my disability issues etc and explains what's WRAG? Discussed about going on Self Esteem Courses (If I want to in the near future) and volunteering etc. My next appointment is in early December.

Good Luck with your appeal.
    Last edited by Shystar; 09-29-2012 at 10:11 PM.

The jobcentre don't decide whether you should appeal to get put into the support Group, only you can do that. If you feel you meet the support group descriptors (link in above post) When CAB said you have nothing to appeal against was that because they don't think you meet the support group descriptors, so an appeal is unlikely to be successful?

Even if they did, it's still your decision whehter to appeal or not.

I agree here as we all know they will do what ever they can to us.
    I wish ATOS could xee me know at 3-42am going into Sunday the pain I am in and can't sleep all the tablets in the world are not easing me
    This is when I feel like giving up then I remember all those who have lost their lives because of all the wrong doings and it makes me want to fight on.
    How do all the ATOS and DHSS workers who carry all this out live with themselves I am sure that some have many restless nights and some who have now taken to drink to live with what they have done.
    WillieJ

Quote Originally Posted by cremeegg View Post
    I get ESA and have sort advice from CAB on appealing about being put in wrag, they have adviced me that I do not need to do anything as I have a appointment with the Jobcentre and this is where they will make the decision about Support group/wrag. I am totally confused as to what to do ! I have appealed but the CAB say I have nothing to appeal against. I would appreciate some advice as rather confused.
    I agree with SF, the JC do not make a decision and so either CAB have advised you wrong or you have misunderstood.
    You must remember wrag will only last for a fixed term and if you don't find employment then you will go onto JSA.
    You have to decide whether you are fit for work or not, if not then you should appeal.

Thankyou all for your advice its as I thought ! If after the year has passed can you re-apply to go back into ESA ? or is it automatically put onto JSA and that's it ?

davewhit
    Thankyou all for your advice its as I thought ! If after the year has passed can you re-apply to go back into ESA ? or is it automatically put onto JSA and that's it ?
    you have to appeal now if you think you should be in support group as depending what type of esa your on you could lose it after one year

you only have 4 weeks from being told your not in support group to appeal

dp be warned that an appeal can go both ways you can lose esa at appeal get expert advise asap

"Type of ESA " do you mean the one that is income based ? which I assume is the equivalent to Income support ! I think I get both ?

davewhit
    "Type of ESA " do you mean the one that is income based ? which I assume is the equivalent to Income support ! I think I get both ?
    ESA CB is based on Ni Paid when last at work IR is based on family income and hours worked and of course savings

i disagree with some of you guys
    my partner was put on the WRAG last year when she applied for ESA for the first time in her life, soon after letter came through with a date to go to the local jobcenter, the day came and we arrived on time, in less than 5 minutes of the appointment starting the jobcenter bloke after a few questions turned to my partner and said you have no business being here, go home you dont need to come back again i'll sort everything out for you, few weeks later letter came through saying she had been placed in the SG, havent heard nothing from them ever since other than to say her benefit went up when benefits got increased.
    while i dont think he have the power to decide which group you should be on, it seems to me his opinions are taken heavly into consideration.