Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: esa - reapply?

esa - reapply?

i'm so confused. my esa (wrag) ended recently. i'm trying desperately to get an appt with cab as its been said by job centre advisors etc that i should have been in the support group instead.

i've read on here that you can reapply for esa after 12 weeks? how does that work - or have i read it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by floop View Post
    i'm so confused. my esa (wrag) ended recently. i'm trying desperately to get an appt with cab as its been said by job centre advisors etc that i should have been in the support group instead.

i've read on here that you can reapply for esa after 12 weeks? how does that work - or have i read it wrong?
    I'm assuming that benefit stopped under 365 day rule. I'm also assuming you did not appeal being put into WRAG.
    You can re apply for ESA now if you are able to send in sick notes from your GP. You will be put in assessment phase and probably be told to attend WCA, unless your medical condition is assessed to warrant the support group.

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    I'm assuming that benefit stopped under 365 day rule. I'm also assuming you did not appeal being put into WRAG.
    You can re apply for ESA now if you are able to send in sick notes from your GP. You will be put in assessment phase and probably be told to attend WCA, unless your medical condition is assessed to warrant the support group.
    what is wca please? and how do i apply for esa now?

also, what does the 365 day rule mean if a person can then reapply? i'm not eligible for income based esa as my partner works.

davewhit
    also, what does the 365 day rule mean if a person can then reapply? i'm not eligible for income based esa as my partner works.
    if you reapply they wont pay you unless you get in support group. if you have a live claim ie payments stopped because of 365 day rule then they are still paying your stamp and you dont need to re apply you need to ask them to look again at your claim and hope your sicker then get in support group

Quote Originally Posted by davewhit View Post
    if you reapply they wont pay you unless you get in support group. if you have a live claim ie payments stopped because of 365 day rule then they are still paying your stamp and you dont need to re apply you need to ask them to look again at your claim and hope your sicker then get in support group
    thank you for your reply - going a bit crazy here waiting for diability advisor to ring me back. i'm sorry for all the questions but who do i actually need to speak to to look again at my claim - is there a form or will it be a 'person'?

floop,
    Often people put very little ifo in their original post which makes it tricky to give advice.
    Were you transferred from IB to ESA or was this your first claim?
    When you filled out the ESA50 form did you attend a WCA ( Work Capability Assessment) with an ATOS examiner?
    I'm assuming you were getting CB ESA if your partner was working when you applied and that they would have notified you if you had an underlying entitlement to IR ESA after CB ESA finished.
    There is a small possibility that you could still appeal the original decision, you have 12 months but not more than 13 months but you would have to show good cause as to why you didn't appeal at the time.
    I didn't know you had a partner working in which case you are not entitled to IR ESA. As DW says your only hope really is to try and get in the support group and show your condition has got much worse.

davewhit
    thank you for your reply - going a bit crazy here waiting for diability advisor to ring me back. i'm sorry for all the questions but who do i actually need to speak to to look again at my claim - is there a form or will it be a 'person'?
    there are 2 ways a late appeal if that not allowed a suppersesion where you have to prove your sicker both ways are hard appeal is download GL24 form from dwp site the other is write ... in both cases you need lots of evidance to show you are sicker

Quote Originally Posted by wobble1 View Post
    floop,
    Often people put very little ifo in their original post which makes it tricky to give advice.
    Were you transferred from IB to ESA or was this your first claim?
    When you filled out the ESA50 form did you attend a WCA ( Work Capability Assessment) with an ATOS examiner?
    I'm assuming you were getting CB ESA if your partner was working when you applied and that they would have notified you if you had an underlying entitlement to IR ESA after CB ESA finished.
    There is a small possibility that you could still appeal the original decision, you have 12 months but not more than 13 months but you would have to show good cause as to why you didn't appeal at the time.
    I didn't know you had a partner working in which case you are not entitled to IR ESA. As DW says your only hope really is to try and get in the support group and show your condition has got much worse.
    hi wobble,
    yes i was transferred from ib to esa. i don't remember filling out the esa50 form (cognitive problems due to severe head injury) but no, i never saw an atos examiner. i have had 2 appointments only, at different job centres due to a house move and they both said i shouldn't be called in as i'm not fit for work - and i heard nothing more til last week when i had a letter saying my benefit had ceased the week before.

yes, my condition is worse than it was originally as i also now have other issues and am in receipt of dla. looking frantically for cheaper houses to rent too but drawing a blank at the moment with that one.

please tell me who i need to speak to or write to to appeal the original decision - so many different departments all with abbreviations, i've no idea what i'm doing.

hi wobble,
    yes i was transferred from ib to esa. i don't remember filling out the esa50 form (cognitive problems due to severe head injury) but no, i never saw an atos examiner. i have had 2 appointments only, at different job centres due to a house move and they both said i shouldn't be called in as i'm not fit for work - and i heard nothing more til last week when i had a letter saying my benefit had ceased the week before.

yes, my condition is worse than it was originally as i also now have other issues and am in receipt of dla. looking frantically for cheaper houses to rent too but drawing a blank at the moment with that one.

please tell me who i need to speak to or write to to appeal the original decision - so many different departments all with abbreviations, i've no idea what i'm doing.
    That's very strange that they put you in WRAG without doing a WCA, especially as you had been on IB. Did they get any advice from your GP or other medical person you are involved with?
    It's also very odd that you have been awarded DLA, what DLA are you getting?
    Given your cognitive state it may be good grounds for an appeal, as you can claim that you were not aware of your rights.
    I think if you call the DWP and tell them you had no idea that you could have appealed their decision to put you into WRAG and that you want to appeal now and see what they say.