Thread: Incapacity-ESA-Appeal-Tribunal

Incapacity-ESA-Appeal-Tribunal

I have just joined this site & would like to tell the experience my adult daughter is having.I give a short account of her ailment.
    She was on the old capacity benefit for a number of years after being diagnosed first with 'flitting Rheumatoid arthritis' Over time & many test/exams by a variety of consultants she now has a diagnosis of Lupus.The symtoms of this are severe fatigue & very painful swellings & joints.By fatigue I am talking about very short notice when she has to sleep.
    She also suffers from really bad excema on her hands which frequently become infected-she sees her dermatologists on a fairly regular basis.

In October 2011 she was sent for to attend Arden House which is in Newcastle for an examination. She attained 15 points & received ESA, She was sent for again in May of this year & attained NO points. In both cases she supplied a letter & hospital letters from her consultant rheumatologist. The letter stated quite clearly that she was unfit for work because of her conditon.How can that be?!
    She appealed & lost that appeal but continued to get a reduced rate(£150 fortnightly)She has a date for a tribunal on 12th Dec.
    She received a letter this week saying that she will not be eligible for ESA( from 27/12/2012 )as she had been on it for a year.Some xmas present.
    Does anyone know if she wins her tribunal-what money will she actually be on?
    In conclusion,the evidence she has for the tribunal are an up to date GPs sick note, an up to date letter from her consultant & a letter of support for the Lupus society. Thank you

if she wins at tribunal and is placed in wrag she will not get any payments as its limited to 365 days her n.i. stamp will be credited, IF she gets placed in support group her payments will go back up to what she was getting originally

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch65 View Post
    I have just joined this site & would like to tell the experience my adult daughter is having.I give a short account of her ailment.
    She was on the old capacity benefit for a number of years after being diagnosed first with 'flitting Rheumatoid arthritis' Over time & many test/exams by a variety of consultants she now has a diagnosis of Lupus.The symtoms of this are severe fatigue & very painful swellings & joints.By fatigue I am talking about very short notice when she has to sleep.
    She also suffers from really bad excema on her hands which frequently become infected-she sees her dermatologists on a fairly regular basis.

In October 2011 she was sent for to attend Arden House which is in Newcastle for an examination. She attained 15 points & received ESA, She was sent for again in May of this year & attained NO points. In both cases she supplied a letter & hospital letters from her consultant rheumatologist. The letter stated quite clearly that she was unfit for work because of her conditon.How can that be?!
    She appealed & lost that appeal but continued to get a reduced rate(£150 fortnightly)She has a date for a tribunal on 12th Dec.
    She received a letter this week saying that she will not be eligible for ESA( from 27/12/2012 )as she had been on it for a year.Some xmas present.
    Does anyone know if she wins her tribunal-what money will she actually be on?
    In conclusion,the evidence she has for the tribunal are an up to date GPs sick note, an up to date letter from her consultant & a letter of support for the Lupus society. Thank you
    Has she got other income or a partner at work ? because after 12 months some people get ESA IR if not in support group and have no other income

there is nothing that you have posted that shouts out your daughter should be in support group based on whats wrong with her unless you could show that she is at risk if not found unfit for work ........ you need very strong evidance for that to happen get advise

Hi, Sorry to hear your daughter has recieved such shocking treatment.
    Can your daughter not claim income related esa? IE no partner earning over x amount and no savings above £6,000.

Thank you for replying, She lives at home. I have not come across income related esa. She certainly does not have savings above £6,000