Thread: House of Lords-Debate on Work Capability Assessment 16th March, 2011.

Hybrid View

House of Lords-Debate on Work Capability Assessment 16th March, 2011.

Hi All, As ever have come across interesting news which can be found (the only way I can direct you to it) by typing into google 'BBC.CO.UK Democracy live-Work Capability Assessment Motion' and that should take you to the page explaining what the House of Lords debate relates to.

Briefly The Lords will debate a motion tabled by Lord Kirkwood to annul secondary legislation on the Work Capability Assessment (WCA). The motion is intended to provoke a debate, rather than to vote down the regulations.

I think, that if you cannot watch on this internew channel then as some of you may know Channel 81 on Freeview is named BBC Parliament who televise many of the days events from parliament and House of Lords (note how I still show the House of Lords more respect than I do to parliament!). However, the coverage may be shown tomorrow evening as this evenings viewing is of matters from the day before. So although the debate in the House of Lords is taking place live today BBC Parliament will screen the debate a day later (am having to record it).

Even if you are unable to watch the debate I suggest people to at least go to the BBC.CO.UK website and have a look at the aspects of the debate.

As ever i would be grateful if somebody could do that link magic thing which will take readers direct to the bbc.co.uk website concerned.

Many thanks for reading and fingers crossed that hopefully this motion/debate will bring many matters to light and that action of some sort including common sense is used.

spencer69.

Dear Beau,

Many thanks for supplying the link. I really must take lessons in learning how to do this but even then i cannot promise!

spencer69

Highlight the address bar by clicking on it, then go and click copy on your toolbar or find it under the edit tab and click it.
    Put your curser where you want to place the link then click paste on the toolbar or under edit.
    Hope this helps.