Thread: Now ots the Department of Work and Pensions select committee asking for testimonies!

Now ots the Department of Work and Pensions select committee asking for testimonies!

Hi All, Belverderbabe, treborc and others,

Again, as I posted about the Scrutiny committee at parliament asking for written submissions prior to and to help scrutinise the bill especially, DLA to PIP and ESA WCA, I am now asking that we send similiar posts to DWP who are now asking for virtually the same.

Please, can I ask all who read this to go to the broken of britain website forum, scroll down to the Disability Information and click on the Incapacity Benefit title and on the next page read the post by hossylass of 17th March, 2011,
    at 11.07 PM, read the post and click onto the link pasted by hossylass to the DWP website and please, i know this has been such a hard slog already but remember we are fighting for our own preservation and survival.

No douby there will be much more to do but as hossylass points out, please spread the word, at some point the sheer volume of testimonies will break this, and ATOS too, We are winning, sort of, as they would n't be asking.

At least I hope we are making some headway, one matter that is definite is the amount of awareness we have raised over the past 3 months (which is not a long time) so things are working for ur, just not in our favour as much as we would hav hoped. However, there is still a way to go and whilst there is still a journey to be made we still have the chance and the opportunities to make ourselves heard and let them know we are not taking this lying down, altough many of us are litrally.

Apologies for my grammar and spelling but am absolutely shattered. Recently informed, 4 days ago, my Father had passed away.

We need to dig that bit deeper as hossylass asks and I know from personal experience, just when you think you couldn't go any furher, no matter how exhausted and exasperated we get, it is amazing from where we can get that little extra that we need when we need it.

As the adage goes, United we stand, Divided we fall!

spencer69

Hi there spencer69, please except my deepest sympathy with regards to your father..

Have you got a link to the broken britian website I can't find it...have just taken some medication and nothing I do is going right....

I tried to register with B of B a couple of weeks ago but my account still hasn't been approved so I cannot access the forums

I couldn't even see how to register !

i am sorry I can't work Out where i am supposed to go either .....perhaps a step by step guide for me would help ...

Hi All, apologies for nobody being able to get to that website.

I have found that the 'Benefits and Work' website have a similiar link which maybe easier to explain how to use but I am sure many here are aware of the Benefits and Work Website.

From the beginning, if you type 'Benefits and Work' into google this will give you a link to their homepage. On the Benefits and Work homepage, scroll down and on the left hand sire you will notice a link for 'forums'. This will wake you to their forums page, click on he 'Benefits discussion' link and this will take you to that forum page.

Please look for the post 'For what its worth?' as posted by crazydiamond. Then in her 1st post, in blue letters you will should find
    'Committee announce inquiry into the migration from Incapacity Benefit to ESA. This will open up a new page titled 'Work and Pensions committee' under which is the link to take you to the page for their 'call for evidence'.

I did not wish to use this link originally as crazydiamond, in my view gives a bit of a negative view on this whereas the original link I tried to post gives a very positive response. However, please emember these are only the postess views and it is what we each think that is important. My views in the original here still obviously stand.

Again, apologies and I hope many of you can find the time and the gumption to carry on giving evidence as requested.

spencer69.