Thread: ESA Tribunal

ESA Tribunal

I am awaiting a date for my ESA tribunal and was wondering what questions I will be asked and also will my friend be asked any questions

davewhit
    questions will be based on whats wrong with you your esa50 and whats been written by your drs, not sure why your friend would be asked anything?

try this link Bedlingtonbabe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbWXG6Ho4i8 or type Appealing against an Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) Decision into Youtube and they will show you a mock vid of what to expect at a tribunal.

basic questions about your health, how it affects you, why you appealed, why you think you should be in the support group etc and they wont ask your friend anything but your friend CAN give his/her input.

Your friends input will only be relevant if they are fully aware of how your condition affects your ability to do things.
    You have been assessed on your present condition, being due to start treatment is not relevant at this point. When you do start treatment then you could either re-apply or ask for a supersession as your sitution has got worse.
    Everyones situation is different but there are those with your condition and recieving treatment who can manage some form of work.
    I do note that you say you have also claimed on the grounds of mental health and mobility also, so it maybe that you have other grounds to claim along with the renal failure.

I know people can work with renal failure as I have done previously but this caused my condition to deteriorate sooner than expected. I have had a reply back today to say the decision is unchanged even though I sent 2 letters in one from my GP and the other from my genetics consultant don't know what else to do if they don't consider their opinions getting very stressed about the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlingtonbabe View Post
    I know people can work with renal failure as I have done previously but this caused my condition to deteriorate sooner than expected. I have had a reply back today to say the decision is unchanged even though I sent 2 letters in one from my GP and the other from my genetics consultant don't know what else to do if they don't consider their opinions getting very stressed about the situation.
    Have you asked for copy of ESA85 or ESA85a, and statement of reasons ?
    You will receive copies all the papers the DWP will be submitting to the tribunal.
    If you feel that you are totally unable to do any work then all you can do is fight your corner.
    Don't let it get you down, wait till your appeal result.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bedlingtonbabe View Post
    I am awaiting a date for my ESA tribunal and was wondering what questions I will be asked and also will my friend be asked any questions
    did you get turned down for esa or do you want to get in support group

I feel I should have been placed in the support group, due to my illness they are aware I am I'll but I also have extra complications which they seem to have ignored which are important in supporting my case such as my neurological problem. and also the fact that I keep falling over am I not endangering myself due to poor eyesight oh yes people with sight problems do work I do not dispute this.

I do hope you don't think I was suggesting you could work, I was merely being devil's advocate knowing how the DWP work.
    I think the advice I gave earlier is as much as I can say with regard to the appeal Tribunal.
    There really isn't anything to do or say on the day as most evidence the Trib want will have been submitted by DWP and you but you will be asked to explain fully how your condition affects your ability to work.