Thread: confused

Question confused

Hi friends I'm Dave and I'm looking for some advice please . I have been on Incapacity benefit (income support) for some years now due to a nasty illness.Anyway last week a received a letter from DWP saying that I did not need to attend a medical to continue to receive my income support as I satisfied the rules.( I was about due a review)
    I'm now wondering when I will be contacted about being put on ESA? Will it be soon ? Will I have to have a medical ? I am utterly confused.I would be greatful of any help .
    cheers

Account deleted
    It could be weeks, months, or years, nobody knows.

They say they will see 7,000 a week, so 7,000 divide into 2.4 million phew my maths are rubbish, but i think it's years.

Many thanks Treborc.I wish they would just get it over with instead of dangling it over my head.

Account deleted
    You have won the first stage by keeping income support, so I suspect you will win the next.

Did you see Breakfast this morning the disabled lady who was on TV, walking into the kitchen, walking with a glass of water, sitting down drinking it, and then she said she was to disabled to work, well I cannot walk into the kitchen, I could not turn the tap, and if I tried to carry a glass of water it would be empty by the time I go it back to the settee.

God help us if this is the most disabled people we have.

That is not really a fair comment treborc, there are lots of disabilities and they all effect a persons capability to do all sorts of jobs Also I can walk and talk but that does not mean I can work. Fluctuating illnesses are very difficult to predict for example. That Lady said, she wanted to go back back to work and even still has a job... It is only that her Stat. sick pay has run out and she is still not well enough to do the job that she had to claim ESA....

Account deleted
    yes it does under the new ESA it's as simple as that, the new ESA means just that! and if people do not stop and think then my god a lot of people are going to be shocked.
    I have been around a while now working with people helping out at charities, and I've done numerous bits on TV and radio.

I suspect the BBC asked this lady to get a glass of water from her tap and then walk and sit down knowing what it would mean and she did not think.

She used her bad hand to turn the tap, she walked without a walking aid, she sat down and drank the water, then we seen another person having the medical lifting her legs so high in the air I would have had a hernia.

Look the TV are not on our side they are working for the government which ever one is in power.

The BBC wanted me to walk out of the local job center, not come out in a wheelchair they asked me can you just well walk out, then they asked me if they could film me in the kitchen making myself a cup of tea. I said come on mate if I could make myself a cup of tea, I be OK to work, if I can walk a a few yards I walk a mile.

people have to dam well think when the TV camera's are on them, she did her self or us no favors with that report.

Like it or not the government and the public think we are all cheats or work shy even Tony Blair.....

I am sorry I thought you were personally saying she should work... I misread that...

its easy to get confused