Thread: Land Rover Motability

Land Rover Motability

Hi guys do you know of anybody who got a motability car off Land Rover?
    I know they were trying to set up there own scheme. Did this ever get off the ground? I know there is a link on there website asking people to call.

I wonder if they still want a 10 grand advance.

Not a chance

This thread from 8 months ago seems to answer your question http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...814-Land-Rover

yes they have started their own "motability" type scheme, i had a phone call from the lady dealing with it around 3 weeks ago... they have the basic evoque in the scheme which will start off as a £10,000 deposit.
    They were on the proper scheme until October 2011 (ish) when the scheme was overhauled due to the adverse and very negative publicity.
    Last edited by Paul; 01-31-2013 at 07:18 AM.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 29,200 miles; avg 37.9mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    This thread from 8 months ago seems to answer your question http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...814-Land-Rover

They were on the proper scheme until October 2011 (ish) when the scheme was overhauled due to the adverse and very negative publicity.
    It was Littlejohn in his column which started the negative publicity over Motabilty. He stated that people get 'free' cars like BMW's etc. Littlejohn didnt get his facts right and his column was full of inaccurrate information. This started the ball rolling towards Motability changing their rules.

Paul Hi,

Can you please help me again?
    I just had delivery of vauxhall antara se cdti on tuesday as per vauxhall website it should have cruse control and also do motabilty vehicle comes now without spare tyre ? it has emergency repair kit.
    Many thanks for your help

You need to contact your dealer re the cruise control. It may be that they have given you an older model which didn't have it until recently or they have messed up at the factory.

Either way if you don't get any joy with the dealership give Vauxhall customer services a call on 0844 369 0112 or email them at vauxhall.customerassistance@vauxhall.co.uk and include your vehicle registration number and a contact telephone number.

Regarding your spare tyre, unfortunately it is a sign of the times and nothing to do with Motability.
    Most manufacturers are doing away with spare tyres as the extra weight increases the cars emissions and in turn lowers the fuel economy. It's also cheaper for them to provide an emergency kit.
    Last edited by Paul; 01-31-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 29,200 miles; avg 37.9mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks for the link Paul

I dont see why the FREELANDER 2 couldn't be on the list they start at £23,700
    Seems a bit steep that they want a £10,000 deposit. Don't know if this is still the case?

You need to contact your dealer re the cruise control. It may be that they have given you an older model which didn't have it until recently or they have messed up at the factory.

Either way if you don't get any joy with the dealership give Vauxhall customer services a call on 0844 369 0112 or email them at vauxhall.customerassistance@vauxhall.co.uk and include your vehicle registration number and a contact telephone number.

Regarding your spare tyre, unfortunately it is a sign of the times and nothing to do with Motability.
    Most manufacturers are doing away with spare tyres as the extra weight increases the cars emissions and in turn lowers the fuel economy. It's also cheaper for them to provide an emergency kit.
    Many thanks Paul,
    Will do as you have said I think it is vauxhall who have given me older vehilce.
    As per spare tyre I have been told if you are motabilty customer then you should have spare tyre and not repair kit.
    Once again many thanks for quick rplay.

Quote Originally Posted by uday View Post
    Many thanks Paul,
    Will do as you have said I think it is vauxhall who have given me older vehilce.
    As per spare tyre I have been told if you are motabilty customer then you should have spare tyre and not repair kit.
    Once again many thanks for quick rplay.
    Who told you that?

From Motability's FAQs:
    An increasing number of new cars no longer come with a standard spare wheel. However, there's always an alternative solution provided, so make sure you ask your dealer what each model comes with. And remember that your Motability lease package comes with full breakdown cover from the RAC and free tyre replacement from Kwik Fit, so you don't need to worry if your tyre needs replacing. If you have been supplied with an inflation kit and you are not comfortable using this, and are unable to drive to a Kwik Fit centre, you may contact RAC Motability Assist who will be happy to help. If you require a replacement after it has been used, please order this from your managing dealer.
    Motability Car History