Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I will be worse off when put on ESA

Thank you all for replying..i was lost...
    I have no idea when i will be changed over but my anxiety is getting worse day by day waiting..i have not been out on my own for over 6 years and there are some places where i cant go even if someone goes with me so the thought of them trying to make me go to the medical and then interviews is making me worse.....everything that i have read says i will prob be put in the Work Related Activity Group which i wont be able to go to so i would have to appeal but i wouldnt be able to go to that either.....How they are finding people with agoraphobia fit to work and putting them on JSA or putting them in the Work Related Activity Group when they cant even get out the front door just amazes me!!!

Account deleted
    They are finding lots of people fit to work, lucky the appeal system seems to be working at this time.

With your mental health issues you must have a consultant, and a nurse or social worker have you spoken to them yet about your worries, have you spoken to your GP, these people can of course help get the medical at your home.

Getting prepared now is a good idea and to start with your GP must be a first port of call or your local district nurse, and if you do not have a social worker then phone up and ask to speak to one explain your worries.

The more evidence you will have to explain how serious your condition is the easier it will be for you to win your case.

I myself will be seen at home by the doctors..

People transferred to ESA from income support/incapacity claims will still get their same rate of income support.

The ESA will be topped up by a Transitional Payment so you still get the same as you were paid by Income Support/ICB so you will not face a cut in benefit.

The payment will be frozen untill the ESA upratings exceed the Income Support rate.

All those transferred onto ESA will be assumed to have served the 13 week assessment phase.

Thats JUST NOT TRUE !!!!!!!!! I was on Incapacity Benefit; Income Support and have been for a long time I have Heart failure, diabetes and depression and was rung by the DWP to say they have taken me off all the supporting benefits and put me on ESA at 67 0nly.. I was on 2.20 IS and 92 ICB so they have taken money off me ... Please check with there help line ,,who said that I would lose out ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Baz59; 10-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz59 View Post
    People transferred to ESA from income support/incapacity claims will still get their same rate of income support.

The ESA will be topped up by a Transitional Payment so you still get the same as you were paid by Income Support/ICB so you will not face a cut in benefit.

The payment will be frozen untill the ESA upratings exceed the Income Support rate.

All those transferred onto ESA will be assumed to have served the 13 week assessment phase.

Thats JUST NOT TRUE !!!!!!!!! I was on Incapacity Benefit; Income Support and have been for a long time I have Heart failure, diabetes and depression and was rung by the DWP to say they have taken me off all the supporting benefits and put me on ESA at 67 0nly.. I was on 2.20 IS and 92 ICB so they have taken money off me ... Please check with there help line ,,who said that I would lose out ..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your ESA is supposed to be topped up by a Transitional Addition to bring you back to the amount of benefit paid through your ICB claim.

Use this link to find Welfare Rights Advice near you. http://legaladviserfinder.justice.go...viserSearch.do

The Regulations that state you are entitled to the Transitional Addition are here;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made

And the bit that applies to you is here;

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...lation/10/made

This is a fact sheet from the Child Poverty Action Group who deal with Welfare rights Law. It explains about transfering from ICB/income support to ESA and entitlement to the Transitional Addition;

http://www.cpag.org.uk/welfarereform..._factsheet.htm