Thread: Housing benefit entitlement

Housing benefit entitlement

Can someone please tell me if i am right in my understanding of the benefits system.
    My son was at college and i was in receipt of child benefit and child tax credit.
    Child Benefit run out in September.
    Child Tax Credit did not run out untill November as my son would turn 20 in December and the rules for further education states its payable untill just before he turns 20.

I was informed by housing benefit that because child benefit stopped, my son was classed as a non-dependant so i was not entitled to full housing benefit.
    Child tax credit was payable untill November.

I receive DLA, am i correct in saying that the non- dependant rule should not apply because i receive dla.

I do know if my son starts working that because i receive DLA then the non-dependant rule does not apply, they would only use my income in assessing my claim.

Please any feedback would be great.

If you get DLA care at any level of payment, then the Housing Benefit do not apply the non dependant deduction.