http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/per.../pip-self-test
    Sea Queen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted - sorry if it has and I have missed it -
    Self Assessment of PIP - have a go if you haven't seen it yet

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/per.../pip-self-test
    Says I will get higher higher

The link given is a very useful tool, but, and it's a big but, it does not matter where we place ourselves on this self test, it is how 'those assessing' us and where they place us!

Well i just done the test, my results said i should get the enhanced rate component for daily living and standard rate for mobility?

I think 12 E on the moving around will be a sticky point for some - only 10 points
    If you are scoring 0 points in the planning and following journy's your sunk for the enhanced mobility!
    Last edited by sea queen; 03-01-2013 at 05:59 PM.
    Sea Queen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer69 View Post
    The link given is a very useful tool, but, and it's a big but, it does not matter where we place ourselves on this self test, it is how 'those assessing' us and where they place us!
    yes and no........ some people will have medical evidance that supports without doubt there postion for example
    Mobility activities

11. Planning and following journeys.

11 f. Cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid. 12 points

People registered blind with the letters and legal documents that this generates will not have much problem.

So if you take a person have a dog ect ect you prove the need for higher rate.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by MUD View Post
    Thanks Dave, that's me sorted, won't bother doing the assesment now
    Its only what I think based on

1. read the PIP regulations

2. looking at how DLA has been dealt with before and after change to regulations on higher rate.

3. The POD cast of the Disability Minister talking on In Touch about how blind people will be dealt with

listen to 4th one down dated 5th Feb 2013

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...pisodes/player

also just spotted they have just done something on ESA last week

Back to my post as you can see it says if you need dog person or electronic aid you get it, and of course as has been said even if you can do a familiar journey there might be a hold dug a grid or man hole missing scafhold been put up, A frame or tables outside a shop the list goes on and on. So you can NEVER be sure a route is safe ?

IMO the PIP regulations are better for registered blind people because the new regulations remove the eye sight details that are used under DLA which did not help many people as 85% of blind people are over 65 and the guidelines where so strict not many git higher mobility because of the regulations brought in last april IMO ect ect

I found the PIP test a difficult one for me, as there wasn't many fitted my disabilities, If that make sense? I was born with a combination of disabilities which included severe hearing loss in both ears, KFS - rare bone disorder in the upper spine/neck and a cleft palate which left me with a speech impediment. I lip-read and I don't use sign language, only basics etc. It's frustrating as I don't know where I come under this self test and I do worry that I will lose out on PIP.

Had a look again, I probably come under "7. Communicating" and "9. Engaging with other people face to face". I will see when PIP come in.

It is a bit black and white in the way it's put together isn't it shystar. I wonder if they would take into consideration disabilities such as yours.
    I hope so
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    It is a bit black and white in the way it's put together isn't it shystar. I wonder if they would take into consideration disabilities such as yours.
    I hope so
    It's indeed. There are different types of disabilities out there and I really hope they would take that into consideration. So what happen when the PIP does come in, in April? Do they send out a letter to you and set date for the assessment? Or fill out a PIP form? I am still confused about the whole PIP thingy.