Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A rude awakening !

A rude awakening !

On Tuesday this week I was woken up by 2 paramedics either side of my bed - no I wasn't dreaming it was real !

I take MST but also have Oramorph as a back up but I don't like taking it as it actually keeps me awake. So, I hadn't taken it for a couple of months and knew that when I did take it I would sleep.

I had a syringe of 10mls by my bedside and Tuesday morning at 5am I took it - ALL, which would have been fine 3 months ago. I have taken 10mls plenty of times before and carried on even playing tennis, but my body seems to have had a shock and didn't like the Oramorph one little bit !

My carer came in at 9am and couldn't wake me up.

The moral of the story - keep taking the Oramorph LOL

A rude awakening - more like a lucky escape!

If you take both then that's like a double shot of morphine - you must have woken up with a smile on your face. I bet your PA thought you'd taken an overdose. She sounds on the ball.

My preferred knock out drops are clonozapan which helps relax the muscles slowly - I tend to 'cat nap' - I've never been good at sleeping - I wish I could.

I just love sleeping LT its my most favourite hobby - sorry you can't enjoy !

Yes my PA did wonder if it was a real OD, lets just say I have a track record !

My PA is just fantastic. She has been with me for 2 years now, so knows me inside and out, better than I know myself sometimes I think.

I don't know if I ever tried Clonozapan - Whats it actually for ?

Any news about a lodger yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by andypandy View Post
    I just love sleeping LT its my most favourite hobby - sorry you can't enjoy !

Yes my PA did wonder if it was a real OD, lets just say I have a track record !

My PA is just fantastic. She has been with me for 2 years now, so knows me inside and out, better than I know myself sometimes I think.

I don't know if I ever tried Clonozapan - Whats it actually for ?

Any news about a lodger yet ?
    Clonozapan is used to control epilepsy but it also relaxes muscles. I heard about it from a previous girlfriend who had MS - she used it to contol spasms in her legs at night. So now I use it only before going to sleep as it makes you drowsy. Unfortunatey my ex partner/girlfriend died some years ago due to her MS .

Lodgers - As expected the guy who came yesterday says he can't raise the deposit. Well sorry but I've heard that old chestnut before and it doesn't wash with me. There's no hurry - I'll advertise it locally in the paper when I'm really serious about it.

I was given Diazepam - i know not as strong as you lot take - but I haven't been on any before as my Doc wanted me to go down the holistic route first.

Took them for 4 weeks solid, and then stopped abruptly and had the come-downs, the shakes, cold sweats etc.

Never taking them again
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 21,500 miles; avg 34.3mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I think it was probably because you stopped taking them suddenly Paul - you should NEVER do that !

There are certain drugs you need to come off slowly.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

...and Diazepam is certainly one !!!

I had no choice, the doc wouldn't give me anymore to come down slowly on!
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-Present; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 21,500 miles; avg 34.3mpg (33.6 - 56.7mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Glad to hear you're ok AP!