Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESA (WRAG) Stopped When Support Group Appeal Papers Filed with Tribunal

Exclamation ESA (WRAG) Stopped When Support Group Appeal Papers Filed with Tribunal

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of advice as to what is going on with my claim and what to do about it - it looks to me like I have been unlawfully sanctioned for exercising my right to a fair hearing.

About 18 months ago I was hospitalised with psychosis and clinical depression. I was awarded ESA (support group) and stayed on it until I was assessed by ATOS. ATOS gave me 15 points and said I was capable of WRA. The DWP then moved me onto ESA (WRAG) about 2 months ago. I appealed. The DWP reconsidered its position but left me on ESA (WRAG), then sent my file to the Tribunal for an appeal hearing. Since then I have received no ESA payments - they stopped without warning or explanation! I now have no income except for HB and a council tax exemption!

Yesterday I called JC+ to find out why my ESA payments had stopped and was told to wait for a call back by 16:30 that afternoon. No such call materialised! At about 17:00 I called JC+ again and lodged a formal complaint about not being called back - I got an apology and told to expect a call about my ESA payments by 10:00 tomorrow morning. I was not told why my ESA payments had stopped but was told that my record indicated a "change of circumstances regarding another benefit". I do not claim any benefit for which DWP is responsible except ESA and have not reported any change in circumstances.

I have sent in sick lines every 3 months since the start of my ESA claim and my sick lines are up to date.

Does anyone know why my ESA payments have stopped and what I should do? (It will be 4-8 weeks until the Tribunal and I cannot afford to live that long unless my ESA payments are reinstated.)

Thanks.

Kingpin
    Last edited by Kingpin; 04-09-2013 at 02:20 AM.

hi kingpin , i appealed to be put in support group ,put in wrag like yourself but recieved payment right through i think theyve moved the goalpost again. have a read of this earlier post , http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ing-Esa-appeal. good luck m8.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a bit of advice as to what is going on with my claim and what to do about it - it looks to me like I have been unlawfully sanctioned for exercising my right to a fair hearing.

About 18 months ago I was hospitalised with psychosis and clinical depression. I was awarded ESA (support group) and stayed on it until I was assessed by ATOS. ATOS gave me 15 points and said I was capable of WRA. The DWP then moved me onto ESA (WRAG) about 2 months ago. I appealed. The DWP reconsidered its position but left me on ESA (WRAG), then sent my file to the Tribunal for an appeal hearing. Since then I have received no ESA payments - they stopped without warning or explanation! I now have no income except for HB and a council tax exemption!

Yesterday I called JC+ to find out why my ESA payments had stopped and was told to wait for a call back by 16:30 that afternoon. No such call materialised! At about 17:00 I called JC+ again and lodged a formal complaint about not being called back - I got an apology and told to expect a call about my ESA payments by 10:00 tomorrow morning. I was not told why my ESA payments had stopped but was told that my record indicated a "change of circumstances regarding another benefit". I do not claim any benefit for which DWP is responsible except ESA and have not reported any change in circumstances.

I have sent in sick lines every 3 months since the start of my ESA claim and my sick lines are up to date.

Does anyone know why my ESA payments have stopped and what I should do? (It will be 4-8 weeks until the Tribunal and I cannot afford to live that long unless my ESA payments are reinstated.)

Thanks.

Kingpin
    Have you in the past spent 365 days in the work group if you have, then you could have used the maximum time up on ESA CB which is 365 days which means if you have a partner working or more than 16,000 in savings you will not get paid again until and only if you get back in support group you would be best off speasking to CAB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply.

The 365 day rule does not apply as I have been on WRAG for 2 months only. I also have no partner and less than 2000 savings.

I went to the local law centre due to not receiving the 10:00 call from DWP. They called the DWP and spoke to Claire who confirmed that there were no reasons on the system as to why my payment had not gone through and that the system confirmed that that payment had not gone through. She escalated the matter to her manager and said to expect a call back by 14:00.

No call having been received by 14:00, I went back to the local law centre and they called the DWP again, this time speaking to Alex. He said my claim had not been stopped and reached the supposition that there must have been a glitch or a problem with the payments office. He escalated the problem to his manager, Graeme, and advised that I would receive my payment into my bank account tomorrow morning and that I could expect a call from Graeme by 17:00. I received no call.

I now have to wait until tomorrow to see if my payment is received and if it is not, go from there.

Kingpin.
    Last edited by Kingpin; 04-09-2013 at 06:01 PM.

my payments have not been issued on correct day on a couple of occasions, and when i rang each time i was told they had problems system and my payment would be in bank next day. and both times it was, so hopefully yours will be in your bank in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by sixchips View Post
    my payments have not been issued on correct day on a couple of occasions, and when i rang each time i was told they had problems system and my payment would be in bank next day. and both times it was, so hopefully yours will be in your bank in the morning.
    me too
    (20 character thingy)
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Some people should keep their opinions to themselves.

hi googly whats this 20 character thingy?

Kingpin I represent a claimant who was in a similar position. Payment stopped 1st Jan 13 without notification 6 weeks after asking DWP benefits office dealing with claim for reconsideration before appeal against WRAG placing.
    This was I think, tho I had to find this out by myself by phoning , due to the claimant not attending first call to a WFI at the local JC+ . DWP officer who called me back said it was a puzzlement to her when she looked at it as claimant was in Support Group .
    She immediately ordered back payment and it was in the bank that week as promised.
    Had you been requested to attend or did you attend any WFI's after being placed in WRAG ?

Having said all that I do think the rules changed in January as someone else has said. Was it that you wouldn't be paid ESA if you had an appeal in ?
    Last edited by Blueeyes; 04-09-2013 at 10:07 PM.

If it goes on for more than 1-2 weeks, send in a formal complaint, threatening to take up the matter with your MP, local councillors and anyone else you can think of unless payment is reinstated at once. The DWP cannot stop your ESA because you appealed a decision. It is most definitely unlawful to do so. In fact, you should also be a due a "special payment" because they have made such a ghastly error. These are usually only 50 but better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sixchips View Post
    hi googly whats this 20 character thingy?
    The forum does not accept posts of less than 20 characters.
    It's a bit of a pain when all you want to post is a couple of words. I type in the 20 character thingy just to fill up to the minimum length.
    Sorry if it's annoying, but so is the 20 character thiny
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Some people should keep their opinions to themselves.