Thread: Advice needed claiming e.s.a {assessment rate] while appealing atos medical assesment

Advice needed claiming e.s.a {assessment rate] while appealing atos medical assesment

Hello to everyone and thanks in advance .I received notification via phone on 3 /4/2013 that i passed ATOS medical and awarded 0 points .I immediately stated on the phone that i would be appealing {been through process before and had my appeal upheld} .Since this time i have sent the dwp a sick note for 2 months .I have filled out gl24 form and posted it back .I did give basic reasons why i disagreed with the decision .I forgot however to say i wish to be paid at the assessment rate until appeal was heard .I have rang the DWP on at least 6 occasions since then, including today .I was informed last Tuesday that everything was in order and my claim should be processed over the next few days .I have rang again today only to be told nothing has happened {no claim in process ] and should ring again tomorrow.Every time i rang i have spoon fed the advisers with all the information that they needed .I mentioned my claim for ESA at the assessment rate every time i have contacted them ,and they have said they have sick note and gl24 ,all is in order . However nothing has been sorted and all i get told is to ring again .What advice could anyone give me if i receive similar response when i ring again tomorrow .I seem to be on the the merry go round to nowhere ! Many thanks ,Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frank777 View Post
    Hello to everyone and thanks in advance .I received notification via phone on 3 /4/2013 that i passed ATOS medical and awarded 0 points .I immediately stated on the phone that i would be appealing
    What does that mean? You passed ATOS assessment.
    What are you appealing against?

hi ,It means i was found fit for work by DWP after having a ATOS medical .I am not well enough to work .I have been suffering from mental health problems for the last three years .I am appealing against the decision to award me 0 points in the medical .The appeal is going to take many months, so my concern at the moment is to claim ESA at the assessment rate until my appeal is heard. I have no money coming in ,my rent allowance has stopped and i also look after my son quite a lot .I believe i have done everything which i need to in order to receive ESA at the assessment rate, but every time i contact the DWP ,nothing seems to be progressing .

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by frank777 View Post
    hi ,It means i was found fit for work by DWP after having a ATOS medical .I am not well enough to work .I have been suffering from mental health problems for the last three years .I am appealing against the decision to award me 0 points in the medical .The appeal is going to take many months, so my concern at the moment is to claim ESA at the assessment rate until my appeal is heard. I have no money coming in ,my rent allowance has stopped and i also look after my son quite a lot .I believe i have done everything which i need to in order to receive ESA at the assessment rate, but every time i contact the DWP ,nothing seems to be progressing .
    you need to send in gl24 and new sick note or they wont pay you

I have already sent in gl24 and sick note. DWP have received them .Just cant get them to start processing claim ,despite constantly contacting them .It would appear a lot of staff at dwp are poorly trained and ill informed .All i keep doing is ringing up and getting fobbed off .As far as i have been told the claim should be sorted by now, but all the advisers tell me is there computers say is they have sick note ,have gl24 but no payments have been issued ,no claim being processed .They have told me it should have been, but i ring again and nothings happened.I guess if i get the same reply tomorrow i should demand to talk to someone who does know whats going on ?thanks

Personally I NEVER speak with the DWP over the telephone - it's always a game of 'pass the buck' with them. All my communications are in writing by recorded delivery. I have no problems as this way as I have a written record of everything.
    In my opinion, you should write them a letter by recorded delivery asking them to a), confirm receipt of GL24 (appeal) and relevant sick note, and,
    b), confirm that you are to be paid at the 'assessment phase' during this appeal.
    Ask them to acknowledge receipt of your letter in writing. IMO, try to avoid communication by telephone if you can after you have sent the letter to avoid confusion.

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by ivb View Post
    Personally I NEVER speak with the DWP over the telephone .
    get use to it when pip and uc comes in.......... on line and telephone will be the main way to be in contact what fun we will have

I am the same sent everything recorded delivery. Haven't heard yet if I am to recieve assement rate. But keeping fingers crossed.

Account deleted
    You mean then you failed the ATOS medical and you have asked for a review, and appeal, I've been told my review will be next month if I still fail my appeal with take about nine months due to a back log or even eighteen months, believe it or not if it's eighteen months I will retire.