Thread: How to request an audio recorded ATOS assessment

Last edited by Tatty_Tat; 05-14-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added links

ha they missed out the part about making you wait forever for them to accept that you want your med recorded and what happens if their recorder mysteriously decides to break down on the day of your med. i strongly suggest that you still try and record your medical yourself if you can.

Thanks for the links Tatty, i'll be having my next 'medical' recorded, the lies in my last medical report will then be exposed or disappear...
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Some people should keep their opinions to themselves.

ATOS have had to change tack on recording assessments, after the Doc below was revealed as a result of an FOI request.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...P%2027.PDF.pdf

They still don't guarantee it though, which in the light of the Doc could be illegal.

People should request that their assessment is recorded ASAP, even in the ESA50. I would also record the assessment covertly myself, (which is not illegal) as a number of people have been given their copy at the end of the assessment, only to find that it was blank.

Don't let the ATOS Medic know that you are covertly recording the assessment, or they will stop it, and refuse to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffLady View Post
    Though you must advise them it is being recorded!!! Just to cover yourself. I asked if I could record audio or video my DLA Tribunal and received a letter saying NO RECORDINGS, NO MOBILES, NO VIDEOS etc... So if you do record remember it would be purely for your own use etc... Play it safe and ask.
    There are different rules with a Tribunal, as it is classed as a "Court". Therefore recording of the hearing is strictly forbidden whether you ask permission or not. This is why the Tribunal has the SofR and the RofP, which the appellant can request copy of after the hearing.

Anyone found trying to record a Tribunal Hearing in any type of format can be held in Contempt of Court. This rule does not apply to any form of medical assessment carried out by ATOS., which can be covertly recorded for personal reference
    Last edited by vikstar; 05-19-2013 at 01:49 PM.