Thread: how long does DLA claim stay with decision maker?

how long does DLA claim stay with decision maker?

hi, i was wondering if anyone could offer any advice about DLA

My partner applied for the DLA forms at the start of February and he posted them back at the start of March 2013, DLA then wrote to his doctor asking for a medical report at the end of March...the report then sat on the doctors desk until June(!) and DLA finally received it on the 13th June along with a hospital consultants report and it went to decision maker the same day

All in all DLA have had his forms 16 or 17 weeks now, i was wondering roughly how long would they take to make a decision?are we looking at days or months?

any advice you could give me is very welcome as we were messed around with the doctors report and we are both finding it very stressful...someone told me it could be another 12 weeks before they decide

as the old saying goes, how long is a peice of string I am afraid. A lot depends on if they need more info, reports etc. Then they could decide you need a medical. Also, some areas have a serious backlog of claims. It is always worth phoning them to see if they can give you any idea.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.