Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is political so watch out.

Account deleted

This is political so watch out.

Have you noticed the big fuss over the News of the world spying on MP's we are told poor old Gordon brown has had his private life spied on.But I wrote a small article about disability on a well known site.

The disabled for the last fourteen years have been spied on and treated like we were all frauds, I myself have had my bank accounts checked, my medical files checked and my credit cards checked all by private firms working for the government, all to see if I'm committing fraud.

My medical files have been checked, even to see if I take my medication.

We are now all seen as frauds, or people who would commit fraud the idea of being innocent until proved guilty has ended we are all seen as being guilty.

we even had lie detectors in the DWP to check if we are lying.

It's great to see MP's squirming now that we see News of the world doing the same to MP's.

thats my rant.

But the NOTW is no longer treborc and it wasn't just MPs was it.

I agree with you over our private lives, well not being private. I have seen all of my Social Services notes and they know everything from my NI number to my car registration !

treborc, can you really gain pleasure from this?

Can Millie Dowling's parent's heartache of losing her and now finding out the girls mobile phone was not only hacked into but vital evidence erased by these people give a thrill to anyone?

Sorry, I just feel disgust.

Account deleted
    Yes but of course it does not hurt us the same does it, I know for a fact my banking account has been checked and so has my credit rating, I suspect my Tesco shopping card has been checked. But we are checked because of all the massive fraud within the disability everyone who claims disability benefits well come on they can all work.

Just because we should be angry over the phone tapping of a mother who lost a child, then people should be shocked and horrified that government are checking my banking details without any proof that I've broken the law.

Government have made it so easy for us to end up being the baddies that when a mother who has lost a child get hacked we think it's down right horrendous, but not when innocent people are checked it's that two tier world we now live in, them and us.

as for Cordon brown crying because they found out about his little kiddy, we have had to go through this for years, he cried because they knew, I cried when I had to go to a hearing under caution when I dam well knew I had done nothing wrong.

Sorry but some how I cannot feel the same pain as others these days, what's good enough for them well it's good enough for Brown.

It sounds like you are saying that we are innocent and Millie Dowler wasn't !?!?!?!

Sorry to hear you can't find any compassion treborc. I don't know what your history is but I think your post is reflecting something that has happened to you personally and it is muddying your ability to feel anything at all for anyone else.

Account deleted
    Do I feel sorry for the Dowling's of course, just as I feel bitter about the hacking of the dead soldiers being an ex soldier my self I hate what is going on, easy for government to say they will never be forgotten, that's political speak for that's it.

But I also feel sorry for the people who get told they are under investigation because Tony Blair decided we are cheating, or Cordon brown who stated DLA was a wasted benefit.

hacking is the big news now and people will show tears as Mr Miliband and Cameron are showing now, yet on here we see people being told they are under investigation then told ok nothing wrong if your suffering mental health and you have tow ait a year I know what it's like.

In my youth the Tories stated in a recession that benefits would be stopped, the dole would be cut and a million Union people walked through London, now when they stated benefits will be cut we see what 100 people.

Society is changing even the Millie Dowler is being used by Miliband yes yes it bad, but it was not that bad since the police dropped the case and Labour did nothing, we are hearing now this hacking goes back to pre 2000 if it's so horrendous why did they not stop it in 2000, why did government not make sure the Police took it more seriously.

Sorry but yes I'm getting hard, then again I have had to work at a local charity watching people come in with letters saying I'm under investigation and I know I've done nothing eight or nine months later I see that person again they have lost weight and they say they dropped the case but my husband has left me.

I suspect if the hacking problems had not affected MP's we would hardly hear so all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Sorry to hear you can't find any compassion treborc. I don't know what your history is but I think your post is reflecting something that has happened to you personally and it is muddying your ability to feel anything at all for anyone else.
    Well said jay, i was thinking about why i , and many others, don't post on here anymore, could it be because of treborc's often bitter replies to every thread?..................................

Regards, Jan

Can Millie Dowling's parent's heartache of losing her and now finding out the girls mobile phone was not only hacked into but vital evidence erased by these people give a thrill to anyone?

One of the many things that concerns me regarding the phone hacking scandal is HOW did the press obtain the phone numbers to start with? In the Millie Dowler case, for example, the suspicion is that her mobile phone number may have been passed to the press by the police themselves, perhaps for cash!

I suspect if the hacking problems had not affected MP's we would hardly hear so all.

I'm not so sure of that, this all really took off when we learned that it was not only celebrities and royalty that had their phones hacked but also "ordinary" members of the public including crime vistims like Millie. Apparently many thousands of people may have had their phones hacked and now, after years of doing nothing, the police are investigating this.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with raising the issue of the phone hacking scandal in the context of unfair treatment of benefit claimants (of which I am one) but it can lead to confusion as to what the actual topic of dicussion is! Each of these topics, the phone hacking scandal and the unfair treatment of benefit claimants are important topics worthy of discussion in their own right.

Kind regards

Mr B
    Last edited by mrb; 07-13-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: correcting surname

As with internet hackers, if you were 'in the know' hacking phones would be (is) easy.

Remember the scanners of years ago where you could follow the police messages and pick up other people on their phones? There's possibly a more sophisticated version but yes, a number would have to be available or the hackers were within range of the mobiles they were targeting.

It's a great shame that (allegedly) so much 'inside' info could be 'bought' and from sources where trust should be uppermost.