Thread: need an automatic for a few week

need an automatic for a few week

Hi I have a motability car Ford grand cmax 1.6 manual
    I fractured my left leg not tobad but have a Velcro splint on so can't drive the manual car is there anyway motability could help me get a automatic car temporarily any advice welcome

You could call them and explain your situation.
    The only outcome I can see is if you change to an auto permanently, they don't tend to do things temporarily.

You could call your Ford dealer and see if they will give you a preferential rate to hire an auto for a few weeks?

Other than hiring a car yourself I can't think of anything else that can be done, especially in the short term - changing your motability car will take a minimum of a few weeks depending on if a new auto is in stock or not, more likely a few months.

Good luck.
    Motability Car History
    05/2009-05/2012; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg (34.2 - 56.5mpg)
    06/2012-07/2015; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg (31.9 - 56.7mpg)
    07/2015-Present; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg (34.4 - 59.9mpg)
    NEW DUE 08/2017; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SE DSG

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by ezz168 View Post
    Hi I have a motability car Ford grand cmax 1.6 manual
    I fractured my left leg not tobad but have a Velcro splint on so can't drive the manual car is there anyway motability could help me get a automatic car temporarily any advice welcome
    What about temporarily adding a friend/family member as a nominated driver on the insurance?adding one extra to yourself is free!.

Quote Originally Posted by samiel View Post
    What about temporarily adding a friend/family member as a nominated driver on the insurance?adding one extra to yourself is free!.
    Excellent advice.

If you are working then get in touch with Access to Work. They will allow you to use taxis to get to and from work. You pay the taxi as normal but ask for a receipt. Each week return the receipts to AtW and they will reimburse you.

You could apply to the council for a concessionary travel pass and get taxi vouchers to use as you want - they cost a fraction f the normal fare. http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning..._vouchers.aspx

There will be something similar going on in your area. Hope this helps.