Thread: carers and income support

carers and income support

Good Morning i was hoping someone can advise me on this please, my sister claims carers allowance for my younger brother she has just been informed that she has got a new home many miles away so will nolonger be able to give my brother the help he needs.
    I left college in 2013 im 18, ive been trying to find work but without any luck so far, my question is do you think it would be possible for me to now claim carers allowance and take over my brothers care?.
    My sister will stop caring for my brother around the 10th Sept 2013 if i can claim carers when do you think i should put my claim in?.
    Kind Regards
    Michael

Thankyou for your reply Davewhit ive look on the internet and it says if i can claim carers allowance it will be topped up with income support and should be about £90.10 aweek as a carer.
    Do you think this could be right? i dont want to ring them and feel a fool for getting it all wrong,, has anyone on here been in the same situation and knows whether this is right or wrong,
    Thankyou
    Michael

Account deleted
    http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/money.../Overview.aspx

Number of benefits you can claim with carers allowance but it will all depend, it also depends if your living in an area which has started the Universal benefits.

But you can get Income support to up your benefits.

I would suggest that you pay a Visit to your local CAB. They would be able to give you up to date advice and help you fill in any required forms as well.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe