Thread: long wait esa support

long wait esa support

hi guys
    just found this forum and after reading through some threads so decided to join.

I was sent the forms back in April 2012 to transfer to ESA l had lB since my accident in 1999, anyway filled in forms and sent off. June arrived and so did the phone call telling me l had been placed in the work related group with no medical. Then came the letter telling the same so immediately sent the front portion to lodge an appeal followed a week later outlining my appeal grounds. 2 months no responce except a short letter that they were reveiwing my claim. September and the letter telling me that the claim had been reviewed with no change and was being sent to the tribunal service. Letters and evidence sent wait for date. Nais bitten frustration evident work interviews ( no point wast of time no constructive conclusion ) just wait and wait. May 2013 letter giving me hearing date June 28th 10am. The day arrived arrived early all papers in hand so to speak, 10 arrived ( those hours seemed long ) and was shown into the room niceties exchanged ready for the questions but l bet none of you are ready for what happened next (YBF ).
    The chair of the tribunal spoke " we have no need to ask you any questions as your medical evidence was very comprehensive and you will be placed in the support group here is you award letter " already made out even before I had entered the room, my jaw droped l looked at my carer and just burt into tears over 12 months of sheer HELL
    Terry

What a waste of everyones time that was!
    All that stress for you as well!
    It's an Ass!!
    Sea Queen

I had much the same (Tribunal) experience 3 weeks before you, was told "you've got the decision, is that OK with you, went through the papers last night - why they didn't give it you in the first place I don't know. If you wait outside you'll have the decision notice in 10 minutes". And that was it, was driving home within 20 minutes of actually arriving there, I believe there are very many more that have had the same experience too.