Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Change of IB to ESA

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Change of IB to ESA

    My husband's date of birth is 6/8/1944, he has been receiving IB and DLA for a number of years after suffering a brain haemorrhage. I am 67 years old and get Pension Credit. My husband has now had a letter informing him that someone will be phoning him soon to explain how this will affect him and will then send him a form to fill in called' Limited Capability for Work'. Is he not exempt from this by our ages? Thanks.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Oh I am so sorry, I put my birth year...not his! His birth year is 1949.
    Thanks for your reply though.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    If he was born in 1949 he will be only 62 this year so he will have to go with the Limited Capability for Work test, but if he is that bad it shouldn't be a problem. good luck

Similar Threads

  1. DLA - reporting change of circumstances
    By tiger_greeneyes in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
  2. Accident very close to Motability change over...
    By DCTD in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
  3. Thought you all might to see positive press for a change
    By belvederebabe in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 02:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts