Thread: A Few Questions

A Few Questions

Hello,

I am 50ish, diagnosed Aspergers living in Norfolk and I am of mixed race, so not interested in far right (or far left, no homophobes either). Just making it clear from the start so anyone replying wonít waste their time or mine, especially about (3) forming a group/newsletter etc.

Please no replies from, or promoting, organisations, firms, corporations or any funded/voluntary groups. I want advice from actual individuals, preferably with AS, or their spouses/family/carers etc.

I have made artworks, sculptures etc which have no market value which hopefully I would like to go to a good home if anything happens to me (not that I am planning anything to). Could they be stored anywhere? I donít want them to end up in a skip/landfill in case anyone ever likes them.

Are there any AS's in Norfolk, especially in their late 40s who would like to contact me about forming a group/printed newsletter/website/anything similar which is run by, and for, AS people and their families, friends, spouses, carers etc. Is there such a group/newsletter/website already in Norfolk/Cambridgeshire/Suffolk/ East Anglia? What are the contact details?

Any ASís, preferably in Norfolk (I donít have transport) who are in to digital video/film/art/photo/music etc and associated programs and software. Wouldnít mind using an old video camera as well. Need a lot of advice and help as it is a long while since I have made videos.

Can anyone recommend (from personal experience) an advocate for adult autistics and anyone anywhere who can teach social skills and interaction to adult ASís of 49 onwards?

Has anyone any experience or advice on self-employment by/for autistics especially those of us who canít do maths therefore canít manage accounts/tax/VAT etc. Is there anywhere a service which is run by/aware of AS issues and which is affordable if you arenít making millions a year. Also, can anyone advise on legitimate homeworking schemes (if any) preferably for real established companies with a name and tax code.

Many Thanks

Ephemerol9

Many Thanks

You may be better putting this into "news & general discussion" as more people look there

good luck

Yup.. Agreed with andypandy.. Put this post in general discussion...

I don't think the OP came back Ethen this was originally posted back in July. Welcome to YA by the way

Hello,

Thanks for your messages.

I posted it in the General Discussion forum as you had a recommended a while ago, seen here.

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...=4629#post4629

Thanks

Ephemerol9