Thread: Will I lose my esa support payments if i move in with my partner who works full time

Will I lose my esa support payments if i move in with my partner who works full time

I am considering moving back in with my partner and would like to know if I do would I lose my ESA support group payment as she works full time.

Taken from the DWP website...

Your income and savings

Your income may affect your income-related or contribution-based ESA. Income can include:
    you and your partner’s income
    savings over 6,000
    pension income

You won’t qualify for income-related ESA if you have savings over 16,000.

So in effect..possibly?

I am in support group and my partner works. It does not affect my ESA, but I am contributions based. I don't know how it affects income related.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

There are two scenarios:
    If you get Contribution Based ESA: Your partners earnings will not affect your basic Contribution Based ESA, but it may affect any Income Related additions that you might get.

If you get Income Related ESA: Any income from your partner is fully taken into account and might well affect it.

As has already been said, i.e. in the support group, and more importantly being paid Contribution Based ESA only, your partners earnings will not affect your ESA.

However, if you are placed into the WRAG at a future ESA reassessment, in receipt of CB ESA, after 365 days your payments would stop.

As it appears that your partner works full time, you would then not be entitled to any IR ESA to replace your CB ESA, so that would be it, no further payments, unless you could get into the support group again.

Something to think of for the future.

if you also get housing benefit your partners income will affect that

And Council Tax Benefit/Support........

Im sure exactly but wont you loose the S D A premium, as you will no longer be living alone, thats going to stop anyway when Universal Credit icks in