Thread: how long do you have to wait for ESA

Post how long do you have to wait for ESA

I am all ready ESA in the support group. I had a letter from Atos and they wanted me to fill in a ESA50 form so I did sent it back in August 2013, I haven't heard nothing from them yet. Is anyone having the same thing happening to them???

love Smudgecat

Have you phoned them, just to confirm that they have received it? No harm in getting a quick update.

The whole system is backed right up, it's the most common query/complaint on all the forums, it appears to be due to the audit Atos are undergoing, every (ESA50) form is assessed at least twice before being forwarded to the DWP where they then have a go at it. I think it's all down to the asskicking ATOS/DWP had in Parliament back a few months ago, anyway has long as your money comes through regularly there's no reason to worry.

Just like PIP, it's a serious mess then! What have out ConDem Gov't done?

I applied in April and sent my ESA 50 back in June and had my assessment just last week. I had to get my MP involved in it too. I only get credits though.

From sending my ESA50 form back and getting an appointment for a medical assessment, it took about four months. Sometimes it is just a case of a huge backlog of forms to go through and process etc.