Thread: PiP, who would have guessed it?

PiP, who would have guessed it?

A few days away from 4 weeks since I had my face to face with a Capita.

I hadn't heard anything so I have phoned DWP and got this answer: It will take us about two weeks to make a decision but first we must have the paperwork back from Capita, do you want their phone number and remember to tell them they've had the paperwork since the 23rd Sept!.

So I phoned Capita - yes they still have the paperwork (so DWP wasn't lying) - it is apparently stuck in their second tier quality checks, The poor person hadn't a clue what to say when I started firing off questions to him! He went away and came back saying I am sorry I cannot get any information about you from my screen and I am not entitled to investigate further but it does not show that there is any problems with your application it is just that there is a back log and no one is telling me about how long it will be! I then said consider this phone call an official complaint and he said that some one will contact me with in the next 48hrs - we shall see.

Clueless the lot of 'em. I don't envy you at all.

Had my face to face in September, got an apology letter 22 Oct for the delay. Still waiting!!
    Has anyone heard of anyone being awarded PIP yet. They will have an awful lot of back pay to payout
    when this backlog is finally sorted.
    Why can't they just tell people they haven't scored enough after the assessment. They have the scores then.
    Its not fair to expect people to sit in limbo for so long. I'm in month 5 since applying now : and it could be all for nothing.

I applied in August and had my assessment 4 weeks ago and I shall contact my MP tomorrow for more help. I agree with above poster. All we want to know is yes or no.

Rang DWP this afternoon chasing my PIP assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by KAREN SV View Post
    I applied in August and had my assessment 4 weeks ago and I shall contact my MP tomorrow for more help. I agree with above poster. All we want to know is yes or no.
    I rang dwp this afternoon to chase up my PIP application following my assessment on 04/11/2013 by Capita to be told paperwork not back from them yet and as soon as it is they will let me know within two weeks. Nothing else to say really other I'm guessing there's a huge delay in getting through everyone's assessment stuff. The wait just makes me anxious.

I got a letter today from Capita!

Saying sorry that I felt the need to complain and that the delay is because basically an extra layer of quality checks have been put in place, this as caused a back log and that they are sorting through by date. They reassured me that all back pay will be paid; no good to me when my wifes already compiling the spending list LOL

No mention of holding back until 20m clarification and therefore a big paper jam.