Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pip - Capita - delays???

Pip - Capita - delays???

Has anyone had a decision on their PIP claim yet? I had my assessment on 5th November, 2013 and I have just rang the DWP and they say that Capita have not submitted the report to them yet and to make a complaint to Capita? I have emailed Capita as ringing them is useless and I want a hard copy of my reply (IF I get one of course) for my MP.

What is holding these decisions up? its my very first claim ever and I only want a decision, yes or no, just to know would be nice. It surely is not right for benefit claimants to wait over half to three quarters of a year for decisions?

Has anyone else asked their MP for help?

Thanks

had my assessment in early september with ATOS, got my refusal 11th December, got a letter back re looking at decision again, if I don't hear back by 11th February to contact them, my initial application was i June. no rush then.
    Phil

I have no idea on the decision, Its my first ever claim so no idea if I will get it but a decision should not take this long. Everyone should contact their MP and let them know. If we all did this then perhaps something would be done.

To me it seems that some firms take on more than they can handle perhaps and need more staff perhaps so delays like this don't happen.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 12-17-2013 at 04:43 PM.

I had my accessment on the 19th September, and still waiting for the report to get to the DWP, have emailed complaints, and they phone me back but only tell me a pack of delay tactics

I think there is a delay.

My friend applied for PIP in august and hasn't even had an assessment yet. I applied for PIP in November, sent my forms back 2 weeks before the deadline and haven't even received confirmation that they have received my form and evidence! Takes the Mickey, slightly!

Any payments due will be backdated to the day you requested the PIP application should you be awarded it. Any assessments due to be done by ATOS are suspended due to the French company making a cock up of the whole process. Capita are assessing people in their homes instead of test centres which must take longer I guess .

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Any payments due will be backdated to the day you requested the PIP application should you be awarded it. Any assessments due to be done by ATOS are suspended due to the French company making a cock up of the whole process. Capita are assessing people in their homes instead of test centres which must take longer I guess .
    Hi,

Are you saying that no assessments are being done for PIP by ATOS at this moment in time? Would be useful to see and read the article where this information is from. Do you have a link to the article?

Hi Mariaz,

Here's a link - make of it as you will. Capita and Atoss are the two main providers for assessing people for PIP. I believe people who already get DLA are being reassessed for DLA in Atos areas.

Atos bluffed their way into getting the contract by lying in their tender about how many assessors and accessible assessment areas were ready to roll. They even said that a disability group I belong to gave them our blessing - what a load of c......s!

http://www.thefedonline.org.uk/disab...new-pip-delays

Thanks for the link, some very interesting articles on there.

Looks like i'll be waiting a while then.

Rang to apply for PIP in Nov 13.
    Sent completed application Dec 13.
    Not even received an acknowledgement like other members here.

Just read stats:
    200,000 PIP applications received;
    - 30,000 decisions made;
    - from this 50% application were successful (15,000);
    - from this 50% were for terminally ill (7,500).

I must be one of a very small group at present, then. I live in an area where ATOS has the PIP assessment contract, I'm not terminally ill, and I have an award. There's more details in a previous post of mine - I applied in early July 2013.