Thread: 2nd limited capability for work questionnaire

2nd limited capability for work questionnaire

Hello , i have been in the support group for under a year now , i passed my medical and never heard from them again after i got the letter saying i had been placed into that group , i have just recieved another questionnaire , and the first time i filled this in i put sooo much information on it like with detailed problems and it took me forever to fill in because of my anxiety and stuff thinking i was doing stuff wrong etc

is this a mistake ? do i have to fill in this AGAIN and send it in i do not understand why i have to do this again as they have got the one i already did . any help would be greatfull i am worrying like hell here .

Unfortunately this is the downside to ESA having to fill these forms in all the time. You should fill the form in as before and add any new information regarding your problems and/or information from your doctors etc, and make sure they get it before the date stated in your letter from them. Fingers crossed it will only be a paper exercise and everything will be okay, try not to worry too much.

When you get your decision you can ring the office (the number will be on the letter from DWP) and they will tell you the prognosis, how long before the next esa form.

Good luck and take care
    Mags
    Last edited by Mags4; 01-04-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Thank you very much for the reply , the thing is i have only been going to my doctor for my medication , and most of the time some one goes for me due to my issues , i found it weird that i never had to send sick notes in to them any more when i passed the medical recently under a year ago i never got a letter saying your sick note is due in , do you not need to send in sick notes once the medical has been passed .

and i am trying to not worry to much just my life consists of worrying to much .

Thanks again .
    Wes

With all the information i put on it last time i find it hard to match that because i really put in detail every single one of my problems how it affects me and stuff and with me i can communicate better via writing or say like this how we are communicating now as i seem to be able to say what on my mind when person to person etc i struggle .

Hi Wes

You don't need sick notes if you are in the support group, so don't worry about that, you could ask you doctor for a copy of your records with them showing that your doctor comes to visit you and at the same time ask for a letter from your doctor regarding your issues and how they affect you and what problems they cause you, if they will do this for you, my doctor is very helpful and writes letters for me when I need help with the ESA forms, so I would ask if I were you.

I know its hard not to worry but please try not to.

Mags

Quote Originally Posted by Mags4 View Post
    Hi Wes

You don't need sick notes if you are in the support group, so don't worry about that, you could ask you doctor for a copy of your records with them showing that your doctor comes to visit you and at the same time ask for a letter from your doctor regarding your issues and how they affect you and what problems they cause you, if they will do this for you, my doctor is very helpful and writes letters for me when I need help with the ESA forms, so I would ask if I were you.

I know its hard not to worry but please try not to.

Mags
    So if i ring my doctors say monday and say i have another questionnaire from atos healthcare , is there any chance you can write me a letter to send with it with my last visit and stuff you have got down my my illness ? so i can send it of to them as they do ask for information off your doctor ..

something along them lines , see i am worrying , i always seem to like act out things before i do them then i just go into panics . but could you give me a basic of what i would say when i have phoned my doctors ? thanks /

wes

also does this mean i will have to go for another medical again ? i have only just passed my medical :/ under a year ago its not been a year yet tbh

Yes you can ring them and ask them to do this for you, along these lines, can you make a telephone appointment with your doctor? I can at my surgery and speak directly to my doctor, I find this better than speaking to a receptionist, ours are good, but I'm a bit like you and get all confused when speaking to people but my doctor knows what I am like so understands.

I would just explain to your doctor that you have another form to fill in and could do with this information and would like a letter stating your conditions and that they have not changed since your last assessment, some make a charge but if it is just a print out of your recent records they may not. Mine charge £10 if they need to go through my records a long way but just for a small printout they do not, but that's down to your surgery.

Unfortunately I cannot say whether you will have to go for another medical that will depend on Atos. But I would fill your form in like the last time with as much information, do not presume that they will use the information given on the last form, fill each form in as if it was your first with as much information as possible, even if you are repeating yourself.

The length of times between reassessments (prognosis) can be as little as 3 months or as long as 3 years in the support group and 3 months to 2 years in the wrag group, they usually send the forms out about 2 months before the prognosis date.

You could ring the dwp number on your letter from the DWP, and ask for your medical report from your medical it is an ESA85 and that will give you more information on how you were assessed, also there should be an LT54 which is how the decision maker has come to their decision, but please don't miss the date your form has to be in, as you may not receive these in time, you can always send in further information later, stating this on your form, and send in copies from your ESA85 that you think is helpful with any further information too, putting your name, NI no., date of birth, and page numbering etc on these extra pages.

I hope this helps.
    Mags