Thread: Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Spotted this the other day in a DIY store carpark, taking up a bay fair or unfair ?

Last edited by uncle bob; 01-06-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

Imo i think they are quite right to do this ha i can see them lining up like hells angles motor bikes walking sticks and leathers hobbling round saying don't mess with us

In the position of that mobility scooter user, I'd look for somewhere under the store canopy to park so that I kept the seat dry. I also think it's a potential waste of a bay that someone else could have used.

However, I love the attitude displayed, and if there's nowhere more suitable to park the scooter, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    In the position of that mobility scooter user, I'd look for somewhere under the store canopy to park so that I kept the seat dry. I also think it's a potential waste of a bay that someone else could have used.

However, I love the attitude displayed, and if there's nowhere more suitable to park the scooter, why not?
    It was the attitude of the old gent that made me laugh, he came into the car park at a fair old speed ( well between 8-12mph ) braked sharply, got off and marched into the store
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

I'd have to say I find it rather inconsiderate. He's taking a whole space for something which obviously does not require it.

Unless there was some problem I'd say a better place would be under the canopy. I've seen people doing that at my local supermarket.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Tongue firmly in cheek here but I can't see his blue badge on display!

I am looking into getting a scooter to give me more independence as I rely on my partner pushing me around in my wheelchair.
    From a personal point of view, I would have to use the scooter to get round the store as well so would not be parking it and getting off and walking round the store.
    Someone with a blue badge might take exception to a disabled space being taken up by a scooter.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I use my scooter to go to and round the supermarket. Can be a bit of a nightmare when it is busy.