Thread: towbar fitting to motability car

Question towbar fitting to motability car

We are thinking about getting a new car on Motability, we fit all the criteria.
    Has anyone ever had a towbar fitted to their motability car? We have a caravan and want to enjoy caravanning with our new car.
    Does the towbar have to be fitted by the dealer? Does it have to ordered with the car? Or can it fitted by an independent approved dealer?
    Getting it fitted by a private towbar fitter, is half the cost of getting it fitted by the dealer.

OH is going to give Motability a ring. But does anyone have any experience or advice?
    Chris

I had a towbar fitted to a Citroen Grand Picasso by an Independent fitter about 5 years ago. I simply phoned Motability and they checked the fitter was approved there and then. However it is worth asking the dealer when ordering as I'm looking at another Citroen at the moment and the price is cheaper than an approved fitter.