Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holidays abroad

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    You do not have to inform DLA unless you can't meet their criteria but for IB and ESA you do have to tell them, even if you are only away a short time.

As I said in a previous post I was written too by DWP because I had gone on holiday and not told them. Quite a nasty threatening letter.
    All it takes is some interfering busybody or a jealous person to report you to them. Not worth the risk.

I quote from the DWP site.
    Incapacity Benefit
    You must tell your local Jobcentre Plus office or jobcentre if you are going abroad. If your stay abroad is temporary, you can receive Incapacity Benefit for the first 26 weeks of your stay, if on the day of departure:

•you have been continuously incapable of working for at least six months
    •your incapacity has lasted less than six months
    •you have gone abroad for treatment of an illness or disability that began before you left
    Yes ABROAD - I was not talking about abroad, but going to see my parents for 4 days

Regarding people supporting someone who has went on holiday. What i have never understood is how would someone know if you were in receipt of benefits. I would never discuss with anyone what benefits i gtet. My carers would have no idea what I get nor would neighbours or friends. In fact, most assume i work from home.

Of course i meant to note in above thread, reporting someone. sorry!!

Its not so much as reported people Jaytee but the thread is really about telling DWP yourself that you are away from home - crazy, but we have been there !

I think you don't have to inform them or ask permission unless you want to migrate abroad.

The holiday traveling season is quickly nearing, and that means decisions about the best way to travel. So many people travel for important holidays that you may be quite disappointed with the cost of it. There are great ways you can save money though whether you are traveling by plane, train, or bus to get to your destination for the holidays. You should learn How to save money on holiday travel. Plan for your travel. The least expensive option you might have for vacation could actually be renting a car. Average rental costs on vehicles are between $15 and $30 per day. Even if the vehicle you own gets the AAA average cost-per-mile of 50 cents, a three-day weekend trip of 200 miles round-trip would be $45 in vehicle rental costs or $100 worth of maintenance and costs on your vehicle. Rental cars can also get much better fuel mileage because they are well-maintained and often newer.

Agree. but now very expensive to visit our son in Canada. We are both aged 77 This Year lowest quote 1620 for 2 weeks after giving list of health problems. not able to go. Thats Life !!

I've just seen this thread and must admit it's news to me. What happens if, like me, you live in a rural area and don't have a 'Job Center'. last time I actually had any dealings with them regarding IB I think I was talking to someone in the north of England. I live in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    I've just seen this thread and must admit it's news to me. What happens if, like me, you live in a rural area and don't have a 'Job Center'. last time I actually had any dealings with them regarding IB I think I was talking to someone in the north of England. I live in Wales.
    Just ring the office from where your IB is sanctioned and tell them. They then send you a form to fill in and return. The phone number is on the award letter, you do not have to go in.

Thanks.
    I'm surprised that the Daily mail hasn't run anything about this in it's 'Dole Scum Disability Scroungers having holidays article '
    There again there's some actual truth/fact involved and that's not their forte.