Thread: claiming esa from jsa

claiming esa from jsa

any advice would be appreciated if someone who has claimed jsa but has had to put a new claim in for esa with sick notes of gp will they still be paid there normal benefit whilst waiting to hear about claim for esa sorry about the wording but didnt know how to put it thankyou any advice would be much appreciated

Account deleted
    I'll make sure that I am understanding you correctly. You have been claiming JSA and the DWP has put this as a new claim for ESA as you have submitted sick notes.

You will be paid an assessment rate of ESA, which is the same as the JSA rate. Until you have an assessment with ATOS/CAPITA, you will remain on this rate. It can take many months to be assessed. You will be sent an ESA 50 for you to detail how you're condition affects you. After the assessment you will be placed in wither WRAG, Support Group or found to be Fit for Work.

If you don't mind me asking, is you condition long term or short term? As if it is short term you might not even reach the assessment before you recover.

thankyou toolook i dont know how long it will be for ive got a big lump on my spine the gp sent for a scan for me which im still waiting for and the gp said i will definately need surgery but he cant give no date as to when thanks for reply

Account deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lindamay View Post
    thankyou toolook i dont know how long it will be for ive got a big lump on my spine the gp sent for a scan for me which im still waiting for and the gp said i will definately need surgery but he cant give no date as to when thanks for reply
    Your welcome. I hope everything works out for you. I would think that it may be many weeks or months before you are seen to, especially if it's the NHS we are speaking about.

I would put in a claim for ESA and send you're sick notes from your GP. But as said previously it will take many months for the ESA assessment to be carried out. They will send you an ESA 50 for you to fill out and they may not even call you in for an assessment seeing as your condition appears serious (that is only my assumption from what I have gathered from your reply).

Best of luck!!