Thread: Proposed benefit and pension rates 2014 to 2015

Proposed benefit and pension rates 2014 to 2015

Good grief. Is it any wonder that this country is in such a mess about welfare.

Looking at that massive list that some bureaucratic has to wade through to find out what overlaps or what you're entitled too.

I'm not surprised that the government launched Universal Credit in small pilot areas aimed at single people claiming JSA.

There's not a cat in hells chance of any IT solution to working out benefits from this list without human intervention in my opinion!

Much of that lengthy list are various figures relating to the major means tested benefits (including Housing Benefit).

There are some legacy benefits that people are being transferred off prior to abolition (Severe Disablement Allowance and Incapacity Benefit were the two that leapt out).

There is also Universal Credit and the suite of means tested benefits the Government hopes it will replace if they can make it work.

Ultimately, the list will be a lot shorter in a few years time if the current policies all succeed. The legacy benefits will be gone, as will all the existing means tested benefits other than Universal Credit.

Iain Duncan Smith faces angry MPs over universal credit

Work and pensions secretary questioned about failures in IT system used to implement new benefit

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...iversal-credit

Off sick with bronchitis. The one and only time I had that some years ago I battled on at work in spite of my doc wanting me to stay off. My job involved much physical effort, not sat on my backside in a warm office.

That made me laugh.