Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time limiting Contributry ESA

Time limiting Contributry ESA

I just wondered has time limiting ESA to one year actually been passed by parliment yet and if not when it is due to be voted on....I am very disapointed by the lack of protest about this so far if we don't stick up for ourselfs as others have done we have lost. Also wondered if a lot of things are being done in the background that I know nothing about.

Info on contributory ESA cuts with a link to the fact sheet on implementation:

http://www.disabilityalliance.org/esacut.htm

Guess that means if we don't get into the support group we are to be punished and are f #*****d then !!! and now they plan to make it just as hard to get PIP ( DLA) it will be baked beans for tea every night and might as well stay in bed cos won't be able to put the heating on....................

Have you thought about doing something yourself Belverderbabe ? ie contacting papers, radio etc.

I would like to andypandy ( love the name by the way ) but I have not got the confidence to do something like that......plus I suffer from problems with anxiety, and memory problems so there is no way I would be able to get the words out.....

The trouble is most people expect other people to do something and then this is how nothing gets done. I do completely understand about anxiety and it is a horrible horrible thing, but it may actually do you good to start something, especially as you seem to feel so strongly about it. You would be so proud of yourself. I obviously don't know how bad your problems are, but just think if you could push yourself out of your comfort zone its amazing what we can achieve.

All the best

Andypandy :-)

I know Scope and the RNIB have both been working on things about benefits, may be worth checking their websites.

The simple reasoning behind this is that if you are in the Work Support Group, a period of 12 months should be sufficient to egt yourself motivated and back into doing so sort of work. Without that 'push' not many would take the time on benefit to help themselves, but prefer instead to stay on the benefit as it is the easier of the two options.

If however you are in the Support Group, it is accepted that you are not yet ready for work, that decision will be made following further reviews of your abilities.

What also seems to have been forgotten here though, is not only the person's ability to work but the persons ability to find a sutable employer that is willing to take on a person with a lot of limiting working abilities....I not only a have anxiety but uncontrolled epilepsy, short term memory problems, learning problems, and an inability to do a job in a a way that can be construed as efficiant...finding an employer willing to take on someone like that can take a very long time... not to mention side effects from medication and fatuige. Those people will lose the their rights to financial help despite having paid National insurance stamps and having a partner who has worked all their lives and a limited income. Where as a couple who has perhaps never worked and is on means tested benifeits could infact be on a more money and still be entitelled to help with things like free dental treatment.....How is that fair ????? I also have heard of people with severe Psycotic illnesses being declared fit to work !!!!

Sorry my spelling is really bad today....
    Last edited by belvederebabe; 12-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.

belvederebabe, I agree with all you say ,also i wanted to say that among my husbands many problems is agoraphobia, so i don't think that he will be attending any wfi's if he is put into the wrag section of ESA, so i will have to keep him,i have worked none stop for 40 years and now they will not even let me retire even if i could afford it i will now have to wait until age 66 for my pension!! only 10 more years.